Knee Injection Treatments

Options

Was diagnosed with OA in right knee 1 ago year with torn lateral meniscus. Consultant advised no surgery due to OA and general wear and tear of joint. I am 69 years old and he recommended pain management, physiotherapy and a choice or 2 injection products. One called "Duralane" and the other "Cingal". He suggested going away and researching both before making decisions. In researching those 2 products have found PRP Injections as an option and a product called "nStride" as a single PRP product available Privately. I have also found a product called "Arthrosamid" which is a gel based implant injected into the knee, and doesn't degrade. The relief that these products offer seems to be varied. I wonder if anyone has had any experiences with any of them.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 758
    Options

Hello @Bowlingboy welcome to the online community

There are a number of our members who have had knee injections and I hope they will be to share their experiences with you. As you can appreciate anyone whilst living with OA in their knee will be unique in their particular presentation of the problem and therefore this will affect the diagnosis and treatment of their condition. Similarly the expertise of their medical team and hospital will also be factors which could have a bearing on the decision making process.

As for the particular injection products you mention , we as moderators are not medically qualified to give you advice. Our helpline advisors may be able to assist you. Meanwhile I have attached some links which I hope you will find helpful

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-of-the-knee/

The British Orthopaedic Association www.boa.ac.uk 02074056507. This provides a patient liaison group to support surgical options.

Do let us know how your research and your treatment progresses.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.