Neck Pain

Options

Does anyone have neck pain which goes up into the head, makes the skin itchy on the one side of the head and then have headaches. The pain then leaves the head and moves deep into the neck down to the shoulder blade. You dare not move your head at this stage as it is so painful. Does anyone know if this is a nerve or a blood vessel? Would appreciate some help on this please.

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 525
    Options

@Fredd1e Yup,

I started with shooting pains up one side of my head. They then progressed down my shoulder and arms up to my fingers. The sensation in my arms was like when you have a bag of marbles and squeeze it until it pops. Like a bad case of pins and needles.

You need to speak to your gp who should organise xrays. I had foraminotomy surgery to my c6/c7 last year which stopped it. Most people have an ACDF but couldn't have that due to other problems.

Trish

• Fredd1e
    Fredd1e Member Posts: 3
    Options

I didn't have shooting pains up one side of the head or down the shoulder, arm and fingers. I had an MRI scan about 18 months ago and they said it was arthritis of the neck. I have had steroid injections in C3, C4 and C5 twice also in the occipital nerve, none of these worked, so I am still in a lot of pain. Am also on pregabalin which just takes the edge off it. Any more help please.