Had my pre op appointment for a THR

Options

Hi all i know I haven't been on for quite a while. I've just had loads of things going on hope everyone is good. Well update i am finally on the waiting list for my THR but at my pre op they said i have to have a face to face with my consultant because I have FND they are not sure whether I can have the operation because when I have my fnd episodes they paralyse me for hours and the other thing was that my psoriasis has spread to my buttocks and top of my legs so the nurse said that on the morning of the surgery if my psoriasis is red and sore then they won't go ahead either so really don't know what is going to happen. Also my shoulder is playing up and im getting really bad pain in my neck which goes up into my head and I then have a headache for 2 days solid which stops me from using my crutches so I'm just stuck and it really sucks im using sucks cos if I start swearing I won't stop 😂 can anyone give me some tips for my shoulder and neck pain and what pillows are best etc thanks for reading xx

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    edited 19. Mar 2024, 10:39
    Options

Hi @Jewels

I'm so glad you're on the waiting list for your THR finally I hope the one or two issues you mention don't stop you from having your surgery. Especially the FND.

I mean my Lucy, my youngest, when she had her shoulder replaced there was a lot of worry about her epilepsy causing potential dislocation, but they still went ahead.

The psoriasis I do understand a bit - there is possibility a risk of infection from broken skin. Can you work extra hard on those sore patches? Get that emollient out and do your best. See if the GP can help you with anything new you haven't tried.

I use a shaped neck pillow it's microfibre and is shaped for the hollow of my neck it helps the shoulder too as it is less squashed.

looks a bit like this one.

Take care

Toni xx

• Jewels
    Jewels Member Posts: 202
    Options

Thanks @frogmorton ill look for that one and also i went to the doctors about my neck pain and she took my blood pressure and it was sky high which is unusual for me so she told me to buy a blood pressure monitor and to do a chart for a week and hand it in at the surgery just waiting for it to be delivered today just doesn't stop with me and my body it loves to keep on giving 😂 ill keep you updated. And how are you doing hope you are doing well xxx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options

Thanks Jewels I'm doing pretty well thanks.

I wonder if your BP is up because of stress. I hope it's better when tested at home yourself.

Take care

Toni x