Having a cold whilst taking biologics-DMARDS

Options

Hi everyone, I'm not having much with my rheumo team so thought I'd ask you all.

My new biologic isn't working aswell as hoped ,although better than not being on them.

I have a stinking cold at the moment, sore throat runny nose eg but I'm so shattered. More annoying my joint pain is back this week. Like a dampened down version of the big attacks I had before medication was started.

I'm assuming this is normal but has anyone had this before

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 278
    Options

Sorry to hear you are suffering I had a bad weekend really cold and under the weather.

Thankfully managed to sleep it off and obviously help with medication.

I may be completely wrong but there are lots of new variants going around maybe you have picked up one of these and it is affecting you to??

Take care of yourself @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 711
    Options

Hi @Emmasknackeredjoints

I've got a heavy cold at present and my joints are complaining. It's nowhere near as bad as it was at it's worst but my shoulders, elbow, hip, knees and ankle are certainly letting me know they aren't happy. I suppose any other health issue that affects your immune system may crossover to inflammatory arthritis sites though before having PsA I'm sure heavy colds and flu would have affected my joints so maybe I'm just more aware.

• Emmasknackeredjoints
    Options

I've had loads of colds, like most people the dreaded cold comes for us all.

Never did I have joint pain with a cold though. Beecham and covona , bath bed , 4 days later and ur back to norm.

This week has definitely ramped up the IA feeling. Waking up at 3am feeling like a heavy brick has landed on my affected joints. Thank u @ jamie and @Naomi33