RA i am so tired

Options

i am Johanna,24 years old

i was 5months pregnant when diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis,was given steroids and hydroxychloroquine,it was a struggle for me,there was the pregnancy pains and also the arthritis,I went through hell at night but then I started taking long walks and felt better

two weeks after having my baby I started getting flare up and fingers deformation hurt like hell,hard to fall asleep worse to stay awake I was depressed then I was given sulfasalazine as I was breastfeeding,I started to get more pain free days now after 5months blood test showed my immune is low and I was advised to stop sulfasalazine

the pain is starting to kick in I can’t even lift my baby properly I can’t even make a choice of outfit as I’m not able to wear my jeans and tops without going to pain,my knees,wrist, feets,joints no more pain free days can’t use ibuprofen cuz of stomach ulcer paracetamol doesn’t work

i just stopped breastfeeding tried calling the rheumatologist to tell them probably so I can other medications but lines are not going through,decided to work in on Monday can’t lie

I am really tired and sad,my life is not the same again…..I’m just pushing,if it was only me I’ll probably be gone by now,the pain is too much for me

I just need to live for my child

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,632
    Options

Good morning @johanna44_

Welcome to the online community I am so glad you found us and really hope that you have by now managed to get hold of rheumatology or at the very least your GP. You shouldn't be having to suffer without some medical support. I do hope you have a kind partner who is helping you as much as possible and you are not caring for your baby on your own.

Unfortunately is does seem to happen sometimes that a woman is diagnosed with RA after or during pregnancy.

I am just going to attach a link for you - Hannah's story another Mum:

Can I also suggest that you give our helpline a call they are so experienced with all aspects of living with Arthritis you can con them on this number:

0800 5200 520

Monday to Friday 9am till 6pm.

Finally having a painful debilitating condition like Arthritis can seriously and understandably affect our mental health so am adding a little information here:

Talking helps Johanna you are not alone anymore you have a found a community who understands.

My very best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,433
    Options

Oh you poor thing @johanna44_

This should be the best time of your life with a new baby to treasure.

I am so very sorry you are struggling so much that you can hardly dress or hold your precious child.

I think - I honestly do that you must must must get through to your helpline or try the rheumatologist secretary someone must help you your GP might also stand a chance of getting through to someone if you can't.

Unfortunately people do often get diagnosed during/after pregnancy something to do with hormones maybe I expect.

There are medications they can give you to help you - no-one would knowingly want you to suffer like this.

I also agree with Ellen and would ring the helpline for advice they are great - well they were for me. So supportive while I bawled my head off.

Things can and will get better please don't despair.

Come here anytime we will listen and help in any way we can

Toni xx

• Woofy
    Woofy Member Posts: 274
    Options

Oh goodness.

you are trying to juggle so much at the moment. are you getting any help from family and friends?

please keep trying your Rheumatology department, can your health visitor help at all? ( do new mums still have them) babies are hard work at the best of times, let alone having joint pain. I have RA, and know the pain is so intense. Really hopingyou get sorted very soon. Hang in there.