Living with arthritic knees.

Options

Hi all. I’m new here. I’ve been living with osteoarthritis in my knees for 10 plus years. Every day is becoming more and more of an uphill battle. Especially getting about and trying to do my job.

sometimes I feel there’s no light at the end of the tunnel😢

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Good morning @dunnylad72 welcome to the online community.

It is certainly not easy living with Arthritic knees.

I can see you've had this issue for a very long time I hope you have had some support managing this condition; physiotherapy for example.

Having a long term condition can affect our mood for definite so many people here will relate.

It might also help to ring our helpline here on 0800 5200 520

Just popped this on for you to have a look at in case it helps.

My best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options

Nice to meet you @dunnylad72

I too hope you are getting some medical help and not just being left to get on with it. Have you tried steroid injections and physio? Some people here have had knee surgery to replace their damaged knee joints.

There are some very gentle exercises I do there's a video too

Might not help, but maybe it will a little.

Best of luck with job-hunting too

Toni

• dunnylad72
    Options

Thanks for the comments and the useful information. It’s definitely given plenty to think about. 😎

• Fif
    Fif Member Posts: 113
    Options

Do try to keep moving. I've had osteoarthritis for over 20 years in both knees but have forced myself to exercise, even when it hurts. If the muscles supporting the joints stay strong, then they work better. You may also find the level of pain can vary considerably. There are times when the thought of going up and down stairs is horrendous, but at present I'm going through a good patch - long may it last. Have you tried using sticks to take some of the weight off. We walk a lot, having dogs which need regular exercise and I've used sticks for years. They really help.