Is it normal to be so tired when on medication for arthritis?

Options

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I have osteoarthritis in my knees, feet and fingers..I take co codamol, oramorph and have a patch for pain relief. I work full time but am always drained..do you think this is normal?

I've never posted on a forum before so I hope this is ok.

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @Beckie_68 and welcome to our online forum. We are a friendly group and try to help each other out with support and information. I am sure you will soon get some comments on your post from members who have had experience which will be relevant to you. In the meantime I am posting below a link to information on our website which you may find useful:

Do keep posting - we would love to hear how you get on!

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• poppyflower
    Options

Hi , I hope your OK

I just came on here too,

From my experience yes totally, I am so tired all the time as well, I'm on similar meds to you plus a biological that I can't pronounce 😂😂

I'm just glad I don't have to go to work ! So I admire you, it can't be easy .

Poppyflower xx

• Beckie_68
    Beckie_68 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thank you Poppyflower,

To be honest I'm just dragging myself through the days at work..

It's nice to know that there are others out there like me though..

Sometimes I feel a fraud

Xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options

All of those meds you are on would have me exhausted @Beckie_68 I am sorry you are so tired.

Can you afford to cut down work at all? Even one day for a rest or slightly shorter days?

Sending some ((()))

Toni xx

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options

I'm with @frogmorton . On those meds I'd rarely be awake. Look no further @Beckie68. But do try to cut down on your workload

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Beckie_68
    Beckie_68 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Thanks for your reply's it's so nice to be able to speak with people who understand.. my family are amazing but they just don't get it!!

Thank you ❤️

• poppyflower
    Options

Hiya

Oh I know the feeling you have when no-one really understands just how much pain you are in , I think you can only realise if you are a fellow sufferer !

I feel your pain ! Keep going but be kind to your body, and rest when you can .

I seem to sleep more and more these days 😴 😂😂

Take care xx

• Weeyin
    Weeyin Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hi Becky, l was diagnosed with PsA 26 years ago & worked F/T throughout. I have been on several drugs, not with much success. Ive been on biological therapy adalimubub for at least 12 years which seems to be managing flares pretty well. Chronic pain & fatigue are still an issue. I had an appointment with a new consultant last summer who was shocked l was still F/T & told me anyone with arthritis for 20+ years shouldnt work F/T. She said l must reduce my hours ASAP or it will severely impact my PsA. I spoke to my manager who was supportive & agreed to this. I was awarded £400 per month ADP which helped. Ive only dropped 4.5 hours per week as l couldnt afford any more, do longer days, but have an extra day off. It's made such a difference as previously my weekends were ruined simply by recovering from working F/T. Good luck, Wee Maria xx