I tried ARTHROSAMID last Nov 2023

Options

Very disappointed ! I paid £2000 for one Knee to have ARTHROSAMID injection and it hasn’t improved my knee at all.

at first I thought there was some improvement, but it was just the steroid that was also administered at the same time. I’m afraid I wouldn’t recommend it. I am now awaiting knee replacement.

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

@katieBetty

Welcome to the online community.

I am so sorry to hear that the arthrosamid injections didn't help you at all and you are now £2000 worse off. You must be so disappointed.

I am very glad to hear that you have bounced back so quickly and got yourself on the list for a THR total knee replacement.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the injection it might help someone considering it in future.

Do take a look around the forum and join in wherever you feel comfortable you will be assured of a warm welcome.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,430
    Options

Oh dear @katieBetty I'd be furious do they make guarantees?

I'm glad you've come here though because from time to time people do come in and ask about those injections.

If anyone ever asks me about something like this I always say, 'if you can afford it, (to lose the money) and it's ok with your Drs it's up to you'.

I am gutted for you, but also very glad you are now on the list to get your knee sorted out.

take care

Toni xx

• grubber
    grubber Member Posts: 8
    Options

@katieBetty,

I am very sorry to hear that the Arthrosamid knee injection has not worked for you. I hope that you are not waiting too long for your knee replacement.

Thank you for kindly posting up details of your post-injection experience, it is greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards

grubber

• mge
    mge Member Posts: 10
    Options

hi @katieBetty that’s so disappointing. When did you have it done? Were all the protocols followed (mri guided etc)? I had it almost 4 weeks ago in both knees and while I think I am having some improvement it is definitely a slow process. I hope you can access tkr quickly.