STERIOD INJECTION HIPS

Options

Hi there has anyone had a steriod injection in the hip joint?

How did you feel afterwards etc, did it help.

My injection was 2 weeks ago and my hip is worse than it was before injection.

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 529
    Options

Hi @Emmasknackeredjoints

I've had two

One that did nothing and one that helped for about three weeks? Did you rest up after your injection? Opinion down here is we are told to take it easy for at least a week afterwards.

Trish xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options

I have had them twice one did nowt the 2nd slight improvement for a while.

Was yours done under X-ray? They can be more accurate at getting the medication where it needs to be. In addition we are told like Trish says to rest, but I was told for about 48 hours to keep the medication where it needs to be for as long as possible.

I'm so sorry yours seems actually worse though.

Toni x

• swimmer60
    swimmer60 Member Posts: 202
    Options

@Emmasknackeredjoints

I've had one, did no good, my own joint was so "knackered," having no cartilage left, it was useless.

• distantshores
    Options

I am seeing a consultant privately in a couple of weeks and was going to ask about steroid or hylauronic acid injections in the hope of buying myself time to do a few things that I want to do but maybe it would not be worth having one as my joint is probably too far gone. I will see what he says.

• Emmasknackeredjoints
    Options

Thank you everyone.

I was told to rest for 24hrs basically the rest of the day. I went straight home afterwards and that's where I remained for 2 weeks due to the pain worsening.

I move around my home so not just sitting on sofa but I'm knackered as my sleep is so broken due to pain on that side.

I went for a short walk yesterday as thought mayb I need to get moving but made it worse and now my knees are painful ..... arrrggghhh

• Emmasknackeredjoints
    Options

@frogmorton It was done under ultrasound but I felt like guy couldn't care less , wasn't interested at all