Mattress

Options

Hi

I’m Stella and have today joined the online community forum.

I’m looking to buy a new mattress (and bed) and would welcome any tips/recommendations for a suitable mattress to support arthritic hips.

Many thanks

Comments

• Woofy
    Woofy Member Posts: 276
    Options

Hi there.
    We have recently bought a Tempur mattress, it has taken a bit of getting used to, but it is comfortable.

It wasn’t cheap, but is any mattress these days.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,468
    Options

Hi @StellaH lovely to meet you.

We have an adjustable bed. It is so useful it can sit you up if you need to and is exactly the right height of the floor (not low) to get in an out easily. It's actually two wide singles which clamp together. You have two single bottom sheets but the top sheet and duvet are one whole shared one.

I have the back raised a bit having COPD it helps with breathing. Husband likes to sit up to watch TV! The mattresses came with it choice of soft medium or hard.

My last one was a memory foam one and soon ended up with permanent dents where we slept and also I was disturbed when husband got out of bed it sort of moved!

But we are all different so i suggest try before you buy!

Toni x

• StellaH
    StellaH Member Posts: 4
    Options

thank you Toni for your welcoming message, very helpful. I think i’ll spend Monday laying on various mattresses!

Enjoy your weekend

• StellaH
    Options

thank you Woofy - that’s really helpful. I’ll start saving!

Happy Easter

• jamieA
    jamieA Member Posts: 719
    Options

Hi @StellaH

I bought a new mattress a couple of years ago. I don't know if you know this but it appears that mattress sellers regularly change their styles and that leads to online sellers of 'last year's models'. When I bought mine the last year's model I bought was only about 40% of the new model price. It's a posturepedic mattress from a well known, recommended manufacturer.

• StellaH
    Options

Hi Jamie

No I didn’t know about the reduced price - thank you for very useful information 😀