CBD oil

Options

Hi
l am a newbie and was wondering if anyone has tried CBD oil?

If so was there an improvement in pain etc. Do you know if you can take it with all prescribed medications?

I was advised to take it but would like other people’s experiences if any.

Thanks 🤔

Comments

• veryaraf
    veryaraf Member Posts: 37
    Options

I take cbd tabs. Not sure they help with pain but they are good for keeping me less stressed. They do thin the blood though so don’t take with blood thinners. My daughter lost a child and takes cbd to take the edge off her moods.
    Everyone will probably react differently and they come in different strengths.

• Jenmc24
    Jenmc24 Member Posts: 5
    Options

Sorry to hear of your daughters loss💕. Thank you for your information 👍

• veryaraf
    Options

I should have said that I am 82. I started doing drops and moved onto capsules. We all react differently. I have just started Activ8. Ok so the price puts people off but they have 8 ingredients which if bought separately balances out the cost. They can take upto 3 mths to work but painkillers seem to be waste of time and give us liver or kidney problems. GP’s can’t prescribe supplements but most of us get desperate at some stage.
    I think the cbd is worth it for me. Have fun experimenting. Just read as much as you can, ask questions and try things out. Thankyou for replying to my comment.

• Jenmc24
    Options

Yes we are all different so doesn’t work for everyone. I will keep trying, good luck to you👍

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 278
    Options

Hello @Jenmc24 and welcome to the online community.

I like you am tempted but apprehensive to try.

I would recommend that you speak to your doctor/consultant for advise.

Lots of people take but as you say everyone is different.

Good luck @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jenmc24
    Options

Hi Naomi

Thank you for your advice. I am going to pick up some meds on Tues so will ask the chemist if they have any information regards CBD and the meds l am on. If not will contact my GP. 👍

• KPez09
    KPez09 Member Posts: 23
    Options

I tried drops to start with but I didn't like the taste. I've since been taking gummies. I asked my rheum consultant if it was safe to take alongside mtx as some studies have said its not. He said its fine and it's probably better than taking extra painkillers. Mtx is hard in the organs, as are most painkillers so he saw it as a positive. The gummies don't entirely kill the pain but take the edge off so I can function, as well as helping me sleep

• Jenmc24
    Options

KPez09

Thank you for your input. I have started CBD oil but l am constantly hungry and putting on weight (which in itself isn’t good for my knees). It is getting that way none of my clothes will fit me soon. Did the same happen to you? So frustrating when one remedy helps but causes other issues😢

• jen333
    jen333 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I've just started Activ8 properly this week. I got a special offer on the monthly subscription a few months ago and its only about £35 per month which doesn't seem too bad. Fingers crossed for both of us!

• veryaraf
    Options

Hi,

I have just finished my first month. Not a noticeable improvement yet but my knee joints are really bad. I haven’t got worse either. I have been reading about the ‘pressure’ and certainly think it does affect especially when damp.
    You will get a few emails from the Dr if you brought from the company on line.Some are trying to sell you other supplements and others about what you eat etc. Will report back when I have finished all 3 bottles.

• KPez09
    KPez09 Member Posts: 23
    Options

I've not noticed any extra hunger. I've gained weight through lack of exercise this last year and having to stop work. Many of the medications are known to cause weight gain