Nuffield Joint Pain Programme

Options

Morning all,

I applied and went for my assessment yesterday with Nuffield. It went well and was accepted. I am really pleased and feel lucky that I have the opportunity but having slept on it am digesting the details and commitment required to sign up to the programme.

To attend I will need to negotiate with my boss to enable me to leave work early two days a week, for 12 weeks (as classes are ran during the day) my boss will I am sure be supportive but another consideration is that it’ll impact my work and the workload is already heavy and am worried that adding the two early finishes into my schedule will add more stress to a life I’m already finish g difficult to juggle and very stressful at times. I’m mindful that the course is to benefit me and not to make things potentially harder and am being sensible and being sure it’s right for me - and doesn’t take away an opportunity from someone else if I can’t keep it up.

My question to you all is how did you find the course? Did it benefit and help your pain and joints etc? Did you find it ok to accommodate the 24 sessions?

I appreciate your candid advise but want to add that I am genuinely aware I am lucky to have the opportunity.

Many thanks and hope you all have a good day 😊

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @Nette02

Your concerns are absolutely legitimate, and it's good that you are considering the impact of the course on your work. From what I know it is an excellent course and really enables participants to understand and cope with their pain. I'm sure there are members of this forum who can verify this and help you to make a decision.

I hope your boss is supportive, but I appreciate your concerns about the additional stress.

Do let us know you decision.

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm