Knees

Options

I have arthritis in both knee's and I am not very mobile because of the pain, I also have redness in my lower legs which my GP has said he thinks it's because of poor circulation is there anyway I can help myself with thus problem

TThanks

Comments

• CarylW
    CarylW Member Posts: 274
    Options

Hello @sarniewhite80

Have you seen an orthopaedic consultant? I guess there could be various reasons why your legs are red, and it should be properly investigated. Some of our members may be able to help, and you may find this information useful to read. https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/managing-your-pain/

Do keep in touch,

Best wishes

Caryl

Need more help? Call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• sarniewhite80
    Options

I have seen a orthopaedic consultant in February 24 and had MRI scan a week ago but my follow up appointment was due 17th May but now has been cancelled until 6th September not much I can do

• Chris32
    Chris32 Member Posts: 16
    Options

About circulation: I had concerns about circulation in one of my legs. One foot actually turns slightly blue compared to the other after periods of standing still. After I sent in a photograph of the two feet, I was offered something called a "Doppler Test" at my NHS Surgery. It was non-invasive and involved a machine that listens to the blood flowing in the veins of my leg.

I thought it might be a factor in my arthritis in that knee. It came back with a result of normal. The test was done with me lying flat and I wondered afterwards if it would have been better to have done it standing up.