Just signed up today

Options

I thought I'd introduce myself - been living with PsA for 23 years, largely without treatment but with recently worsening symptoms so now need ongoing medication. I've been quite positive and got on with an active life despite some setbacks, and want to get back on track. This seems to be the right place to find information and advice - I've been on my own with this without any contact with fellow sufferers but that isn't such a good idea.

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 982
    Options

Hi @Charlieboy and welcome to the online community,

Very pleased to meet you and glad to hear that after feeling on your own with PsA you've taken the plunge to join us. Everyone here is friendly and supportive, and all of us have experience of living with arthritis so you are in good company.

Do have a look round the forum and join in any conversations or ask any questions when you feel comfortable.

Best wishes,

Anna

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Maisiemaybrimson
    Options

Hi I'm new here. I'm hoping to meet people with the same issues as me. No one quite understands the pain unless they suffer from O/A too.

• KPez09
    KPez09 Member Posts: 23
    Options

I was diagnosed with PsA about 18 months ago. Also feeling really lonely and most times useless. My mum has been a great support recently though, I sent her a few articles about the disease and info on the medication I'm taking, she helped me to get a mobility scooter so we could still go out together. I've also made friends with 2 other women locally with PsA. The support definitely helps, even if it's just to have a moan about it