Diagnosed with RA

Options
Skye
Skye Member Posts: 2
edited 10. Apr 2024, 13:51 in Living with arthritis
Hi new to this have been diagnosed with RA and finding it difficult having to accept help for things used to do on my own. Cutting myself off a bit from everything

Comments

• PJoanne
    PJoanne Moderator Posts: 45
    Options

Hello @Skye and welcome to the community, its lovely to have you with us.

Here is some information about RA :

I agree adjusting to different ways of doing things is tricky and takes a little time. I am going to pop a link below to some possible avenues of support.

All the best

Joanne

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,444
    Options

Hi @Skye I did the same at first I think probably a lot of us do. I wouldn't plan anything, was so negative, expected the worst, thought I'd ruin my husband's life (he loves to travel) embarrass my kids and be imobile within the year. It takes some time to get your head around it doesn't it? I always say you have to grieve for the life you had planned before accepting this is your new life.

The best way to do this is to get informed (reliably not Dr google) here is good the main Versus Arthritis site and to keep talking again here is good. Us lot can cope with you being upset, scared angry and any other emotion you might feel because we have been there too.

The good news for me is that once my meds got sorted (with a few tweaks) life turned out so much better than I feared. I still travel and am pretty well on my feet - the only thing I did do was embarrass my children, but that was nothing to do with the Arthritis just being a parent😊

Keep talking Skye and be kind to yourself

Toni xx

• Woofy
    Woofy Member Posts: 274
    Options

hi Skye.
    pits hard isn’t it. Two years down the line, I’ve only really just come to the realisation this RA isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Still trying to get my meds sorted, it’s a slow process, but it has to be done right.

I hold on to the hope, that my rheumatology department will find the right combination of meds, that will enable me to get some sort of semblance of normal, whatever that will be moving forward.

• Skye
    Skye Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi thanks know the feeling just not nice at all but nice to talk with people going through same thing and knowing we not alone. Take care