hello

Options

Hi, I am new to this forum and want to say hello. I am not good at online stuff so 'bear with' 😅. Your helpline suggested I say hello and connect with you all. The say hello link didnt work so here's hoping this does. Today I just needed and sound off as some days you are fed up with being limited. But most of the time I am busy cooking for an indoor market and crafting around my fatigue… oh and gardening. So hello and I look forward to meeting you all. Phillippa

Comments

• GeorginaReynolds
    Options

Hi Phillippa, I'm new to this forum too and feeling kinda of nervous as not great with this stuff either. Nice to make a connection. I agree that some days can be worse than others but great that you're able to be mostly busy. Today I spent the day looking wandering around a garden centre getting ideas as we developing ours to enable me to get out and garden without having to bend and get on the floor. I'm looking forward to being able to be more active again. So hello to you too, and everyone else on the forum. Georgina

• swimmer60
    swimmer60 Member Posts: 202
    Options

@GeorginaReynolds

Before my op., which was in October, I prepared lots of pots, and then, after my op, I planted them up with tulips and daffs. The tulips are looking grand now. I recommend doing something similar, lilies are now in the pots where the daffs were. Planning tomatoes, lobelia etc for the tulip pots. I can bend now of course and I've got a long handled trowel which is useful, but my back doesn't like me doing too much and I limit gardening to an hour at a time Have started mange tout off in the house, as last year mice ate the seeds! They are more than ready to go into the ground and I'm planning to do that over the next couple of days, if it stops blooming raining!

• Phillippa
    Phillippa Member Posts: 2
    Options

Hi to you both. So lovely to hear from you. I finally managed to find your replies! It's nice to meet to other gardeners. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia so it poses a challenge. I do say.. I'm going to do the gardening so body you are coming with me.. it usually works. We built some raised bed last year and intend to build two more this year. It has really helped and is easier to rabbit proof. We live in the countryside so it is like Watership Down here most of the time! I agree about the rain.. it just hasn't stopped. Thank you for replying to my post.. I promise I will get better at the technology. Phillippa

• GeorginaReynolds
    Options

@swimmer60 - I feel very inspired by what you've done, pots sound like a great idea with bulbs. I can't wait to be able to get out and potter and relax.

@Phillippa we live in the city so thankfully don't have to content with bunnies, albeit I think they're adorable. We have issues with foxes but I can't help but love watching them at the crack of dawn playing in and out of the shrubs.

Looking forward to a few less days or weeks of rain - it hasn't stopped and it doesn't help the joints does it 😀