Osteoarthritis

Options

I have arthritis in just about all my joints, hip knee and foot being the worst, the pain is bad, especially in my hip along with the nerve pain, which includes heat burning itching, shocks as well, anyone else suffering from this, been on Pregabalin for a while, all other painkillers don’t work, and the ones the now are just taking the edge off it

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @alibalibee and welcome to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

Our website has a lot of information on it and I would recommend having a look to see if there is anything that can help you. It covers arthritis conditions, treatments, hints and tips. For example

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2021/november/ways-to-help-manage-hip-pain/

and

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/managing-symptoms/managing-your-pain/

Please keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I hope others will soon share their support and experiences with you.

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 529
    Options

Hi @alibalibee

I refused pregabilin when the Dr wanted me to go on it. As someone who has a long history of epilepsy and with my niece being on it at one stage with her epilepsy, my sister told me never to have it due to the horrendous side effects it can give and which my niece lived with until they realised what was causing it.

Of course we are not all the same and some get on well with it. Anyone thinking of this drug should check the warnings very carefully.

I did however agree to gabapentin, another epilepsy drug on and off for about 10 years until it stopped working and on the whole worked very well for me.

I can't take anti inflammatories due to to other conditions and their drugs so limited in the type I can use.

Trish xx