Hip pain

Options

Hi I'm looking for advice as to what works for people with oa of the hips as I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping at night it effects the outside of my hips .

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,015
    Options

Hello @Saj have a look at the following from our website, hopefully it might help.

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2021/november/ways-to-help-manage-hip-pain/

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 529
    Options

hi @Saj

I'm also a side sleeper, not supposed to sleep on my back due to Bronchiecstasis which will prove interesting post surgery when I can't sleep on my side!

I have found over the last 18 months that rather than stress about not being able to sleep, if I've not nodded off again after about half an hour, I get up, walk the pain off around the house, have a mug of hot chocolate, listen to my latest book or something like classic FM and doss on the sofa until I nod off. I do also sleep on the floor when I'm really bad.

Trish xx

• JPT
    JPT Member Posts: 130
    Options

@saj If you can, try a memory foam mattress, it made all the difference to me before and after I had the hip replacement surgery