Morning all, new here

Options
sarahbt
sarahbt Member Posts: 4
edited 26. Apr 2024, 08:55 in Living with arthritis

I am no doubt writing my first post in the wrong place as a bit of a techy idiot🙄

Trying to keeping brief, I am a 57 year old female who has been suffering a large group of symptoms for a couple of years now. Was diagnosed with OA in hips, but then more overall pain and chronic fatigue kicked in amongst other symptoms.

In December I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and just getting used to how to work with that and it's impact when last week I was given also a diagnosis of seronegative inflammatory arthritis.

Its early days with this so feeling a bit overwhelmed in trying to untangle everything.

Looking forward to finding / sharing advice with forum member s who are always the best to understand how difficult these conditions can be.

Nice to find this forum

Comments

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 982
    Options

Hello @sarahbt and welcome to the online forum,

It sounds like you’ve had a few diagnoses recently and it’s understandable that you’re feeling a little overwhelmed. Many of our members will understand what you’re going through and I’m sure you’ll find plenty of advice and support from the forum. If you want to read some recent posts about fibromyalgia or seronegative inflammatory arthritis, you could try using the search function ( small magnifying glass in top right corner) - join in any of the conversations when you feel comfortable.

There’s some useful information on the Versus Arthritis website for people who are newly diagnosed like yourself - it might help you to untangle things. Here’s the link below:

Do let us know how you’re getting on,

Anna

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• sarahbt
    Options

Thank you Anna, appreciate the reply.

I have already begun have a look at some of the threads, there is a lot of good information about, and support which will be so valuable. I t may take me some time to navigate the site, but I'm glad to be on here already!

Am going straight on the newly diagnosed link as am sure I will be going through the same things now as so many have before . Thanks

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 982
    Options

Hi @sarahbt

Just to let you know that I moved your post to the Living with Arthritis forum - you might get some more responses about how to manage your condition. Val's Cafe, where you posted originally, is a great forum for chatting and meeting new friends.

Best wishes,

Anna

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• sarahbt
    Options

Thank you again Anna, it will take me a while to navigate the site properly! Already finding some useful info on the searches😁