Chat line help

Options
andywright
andywright Member Posts: 5
edited 26. Apr 2024, 12:29 in Chat to our Helpline Team

Hi all, last week was very difficult, both physically and mentally for me so I called the Versus Arthritis help line number. I spoke to Gillian who listened to my woes and advised on my condition. I found that just talking to someone else about my condition and feelings helped enormously, I managed to bounce back after another few days. I would recommend calling the helpline to anyone who is having a bad time. Thanks to Gillian.

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 896
    edited 26. Apr 2024, 12:31
    Options

Hi @andywright I've moved your post to the Chat to Our Helpline Category. Hope you don't mind, and thank you for your kind comments.

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• anniemack1
    Options

Hi

Was diagnosed in October with mild osteoarthritis of the neck. I had heard of FlexiSEQ and it's advantages, so I tried it in January. Initially, I thought it was wonderful but now I am not so sure. When I get up in the morning, I have no tightness and I sleep all night, however, when I apply the FlexiSEQ, my neck begins to tighten at the side (no pain). I was wondering if the Ibuprofen I've been prescribed would be better. Any advice??

Thanks!

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @andywright so glad that talking to the Helpline helped and great to hear that you’ve managed to bounce back. Thanks so much for letting us know. We are here to help if you need any support in the future. Have a great day. Thank you, Natalie, Helpline Advisor.

• helpline_team
    Options

Hi @anniemack1, good to hear that you’re sleeping all night and sorry to hear that you’re experiencing some tightness when you apply the FlexiSEQ. Glad to hear there is no pain though. You may find this link helpful as it details evidence-based ways to manage symptoms and neck pain, including ibuprofen, and then have a talk with your GP so you can identify the best way to manage your symptoms safely. If you’d prefer to talk to us, our helpline 0800 5200 520 is open Mon to Fri 9am-6pm. Thanks, Natalie, Helpline Advisor.