Lupus?

Options

Good Afternoon,

I have RA and several other conditions. Over the past 2 years, I have been developing some unrelated symptoms which seem to be getting worse. I have had Raynard's for many years but my hands have been particularly bad for the past 2 years. They are very red, even when it is warmer, and swollen and sore. The GP has said that it is probably 'only Raynard's' but that other conditions could be involved.

I am concerned because I think that I may have Lupus. I have facial flushing most evenings and my face now feels like it is tingling/burning for most of the day. I am extremely sensitive to sunlight and go very red after almost any exposure to the sun. I have very dry eyes, sensitivity to light, and feel constantly tired. My ENA/ANA blood tests were negative but I have been told that the Hydroxychloroquine I am taking may cause this.

I know that there are many fellow forum members who have RA as well as Raynard's and/or Lupus, so I wondered if anybody can offer me any advice. I have discussed things with my GP who was very good but there has not been any follow up.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comments