The fatigue 😩

Options

Hi everyone,

I'm 31, told I have Seronegative inflammatory arthritis in my knees. The pains and stiffness ive been having in my hands feet and back have been ignored by by rheumatologist. I've had a steroid injection to one knee which has done nothing to help. I've no follow up appointments and no treatment plan. I was told my iron levels are low (even though I take supplements) but the advice was talk to your GP.

Feeling really dejected currently, especially when I was told by the consultant rheumatologist that "we'll just have to wait and see..."

I am EXHAUSTED all off the time, even after 10 hours sleep. It's really impacting my mental health at the moment. I work full time and trying to concentrate is nearly impossible.

Ive arranged for a second opinion through a benefit I get in work, but of course getting my medical records could take 90 days.

I know there will be ups and downs, but this down really sucks. I thought a diagnosis would start to help me feel better mentally and physically and I think that's what is the most disappointing.

Sorry to burden you all, I just needed to get it off my chest. I'm off work next week, hoping to feel well enough to do some gardening, I find it very meditative. Any other suggestions on feeling better will be greatly welcomed!

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 770
    Options

Hi @Ajagpd

Fatigue is one of the consequences of living with arthritis that many of us experience. Don't apologise for burdening us with your feelings. Many of us are /have experience of this and I hope that some of our members will share with you soon.

Meanwhile I hope you will find this helpful

https://www.versusarthritis.org/news/2022/april/5-ways-to-help-with-fatigue/

I hope you feel well enough next week to enjoy your week off and the garden.

Best wishes

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.

• ditzymouse
    ditzymouse Member Posts: 2
    Options

i Have OA in knees and hips i,m also hypothyroid and have fibromyalgia- the fatigue is awful. A constant battle! I do feel better when completely gluten free however and even better if grain free. But its an ongo8ng battle

• Woofy
    Woofy Member Posts: 277
    Options

Don’t be sorry.

We all know what it’s like to be in so much pain you can hardly think straight.

Just remember to pace yourself. Took me ages to to adjust. Do some jobs, then take a break. Even after a break if you can’t face finishing the chore you were doing, leave it for another time.

• anneka87
    anneka87 Member Posts: 6
    Options

Hi @Ajagpd

It helps to get these things of your chest. I'm not sure I have any advice to offer but can only reassure you that you are not alone. I also work full time and I'm struggling with fatigue now to the point I'm either irritable or tearful. It's horrible and exhausting.

Pace yourself, listen to your body and get plenty of rest.

Anneka

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 419
    Options

@Ajagpd to me the thing with fatigue is an apparent culture saying there is nothing you can take for it, as mostly folks are taking things for pain. I don't believe thats quite the true situation with arthritis, and doing things to relieve fatigue are going to improve quality of life no end, even if they are only one off relief activities that can then be repeated as and when they are needed. Keep trying to find something.

Most notably I can tell when fatigue is taking hold because my mood changes. I can move from happy to anxious for example and its going to be all down to fatigue and something I need to do to relieve the fatigue. It can be done.