Anyone else had a Zoledronate Infusion for osteoporosis?

BettyMac
BettyMac Member Posts: 217
edited 15. May 2024, 18:29 in Living with arthritis

After putting this off for a few years, against medical advice 🙈 , I eventually had my infusion yesterday.

Everything went well and the staff in the IVAS unit were absolutely lovely.

I didn’t feel any different yesterday but am noticing a bit more pain today - which is a recognised side effect.

Just wondering if anyone’s been through this and can tell me how long it’ll be before things settle down again.

Comments

• BettyMac

Apologies, mods - I meant to post this on Living With Arthritis

Not just my knee that’s wonky today 😞

• Anna
    Anna Moderator Posts: 1,078

Hi @BettyMac, I moved your post to the Living with Arthritis forum - hope you get some responses from members who’ve had a similar infusion.

You may have already seen this - it’s a link to some information on Zoledronate from the Royal Osteoporosis Society that might be helpful to you:

Best wishes,

Anna ( Moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• BettyMac
    edited 16. May 2024, 09:27

Thanks, Anna

I had already seen that article on the ROS website and it was helpful in reassuring me.

Although I had zero symptoms on the day the infusion was given, yesterday was pretty nasty.
    Apparently I’m one of the 30% of people who react to the first infusion.

I spent the day shivering and running a very high temperature , and had some muscle pain and a headache.

Pleased to say that I feel absolutely fine this morning.