Help please- is my Osteoarthritis spreading?

Hi ,i need some advice as im having problems with my doctor ,im not getting any help with my ostrarthrities that i think is spreading from my foot knee and ankle ,to my neck shoulder back elbow fingers and front of my pelvic bone

Comments

• PJoanne
    PJoanne Moderator Posts: 139

Hello @bonjovigirl and welcome to the forum.

Is there another GP at your practice that you could see? Would a friend or relative be able to go with you to your appointment to support you? It is very frustrating to not be listened to at these appointments. Perhaps also you could give our helpline a ring and speak to one of our lovely advisors.

Have a read of the information here, as the more information you have available to you when in these appointments with your GP will help.

All the best, Joanne

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

i don’t think it spreads as such. Not like an infection or virus spreads through out the body. However, once you feel the pain in one joint you are then acutely aware of what the pain is, it makes it easier to detect in other areas. Osteo arthritis is a result of wear and tear and repair so if you are unlucky enough to have some wear in one joint then odds are you will have it else where too.
    Inflammatory arthritis is different as far as my experience goes. I started with it in one area and I now have inflammatory in other areas too and it can ‘spread’ spontaneously.

My advice would be to pay for a private consultation. Mine was £210 for an initial 45 minute appointment and the report was sent to my GP practice. Made them aware of what my problems were and that I needed help.

• Baloo
    Baloo Member Posts: 500

@bonjovigirl good question. My arthritis came on as a sudden attack in enough places to say it was as good as being 'everywhere' and the physicians put a huge amount of effort into diagnosis finally arriving at PMR Poly Myalgia Rheumatica.

I am pretty much finding there are hot spots, where some joints are always in trouble, and other spots where once in a while something might go wrong, and one joint, my knees, which suddenly they went for a Burton.