Introduction

Hello there, I’m new to the community and thought I’d take the opportunity to introduce myself. Back in 1995 I was diagnosed with Ankolysing Spondilitis and although the AS is now in abeyance and unlikely to return, the resulting damage to my lower spine, sacroiliac joints (where the spine joins the pelvis) and the hips, caused Rhuematiod Arthritis. With the disappearance of the AS though, the diagnosis of my arthritis has now changed to Osteoarthritis, which in a way I’m grateful for as it means that I have some control how I manage the symptoms and pain. I now don’t take prescribe painkillers, but I take Tumeric Compound Capsules, which I buy in bulk, I do physiotherapy exercises, including basic swing dancing steps twice daily and, if able, I try to walk daily. I also use a TENs machine if required, and a battery operated massage gun, also if needed. I have just moved into a flat and I love life, despite also being epileptic and recently being diagnosed with Autism. I would love to receive any hints or tips about how you cope with daily life. In exchange I hope I’ll be able to return the favour, by offering similar advice and technique.

Comments

• noddingtonpete
    noddingtonpete Moderator Posts: 1,214

Hello @garbokker59 and welocme to the Community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

You might be interested in

Good to hear that you have found some things which help you. Please keep posting now you are here and let us know how you are getting on

Best wishes

Peter

Need more help? - call our Helpline on0800 5200 520Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,868

Hi @garbokker59

a quick hello and welcome from me too.

This is a friendly group always happy to help each other out if anyone asks so feel free.

Well done moving into your new flat very brave when you have epilepsy as my youngest daughter does. She has a flatmate now although she didn't at first and also has an iwatch with some software to contact me if she has a seizure.

Anyway nice to meet you

Toni