Remission

Baloo
Baloo Member Posts: 483
edited 15. Sep 2024, 09:11 in Living with arthritis

Oh. No painkillers for a week, which has only happened once before. I am not sure how although I do feel somewhat stronger and free of flare ups. Last time this happened I had to stop it when I was becoming too weak again and wanted my strength back.

Recovery has been a long haul of putting up with aches and pains, but right now there is nothing specific unless you count the new symptom of stiff elbows.

I still ache all over in the morning and go for a kip later. I became strong enough to get back on the bicycle lately, quite wonderful, and maybe this has done the trick.

I wonder how it will end this time.

Tagged:

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 676

Hey @Baloo

This is briliant news! I hope your remission lasts a long time but just enjoy it while you can. 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Love N hugs

Trish xx

• olivia_b
    olivia_b Moderator Posts: 45

Hey @Baloo,

Glad to hear this news! Keep us updated with how you go over the coming days but hopefully, you continue to be almost symptom-free!

Have a lovely rest of your weekend and be sure to make the most of it :)

• Fran54
    Fran54 Member Posts: 237

@Baloo

that is good news. Long may it last and keeping fingers crossed for you.🙂

• Baloo

Still in remission. I stopped taking painkillers a few weeks ago. No pain.

Still feeling stiff. Being careful not to overdo anything. Still feeling stronger. Climbing stairs. Getting out of chairs. Carrying on as normal.

This is amazing, beyond words. Anyone know what I am supposed to do next.

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 676

I would start doing some of those things you haven't been able to do! Make the most of life as none of us knows what tomorrow may bring :)

Enjoy yourself!

Trish xx

• Baloo

@Trish9556 all well and good. I went out a few times on the bicycle in the sun, then I had a disappointing injury which ruined the weekend. I stood up too fast on the tram, while lifting a heavy suitcase by mistake, and it did my left leg in for a few days. These injuries happen perhaps more often than we would like. I think I am am over it though.

• Baloo

Still no aches and pains to speak of. Not much change though in feeling stiff and tired. I still walk 1mph. I still sleep it off the week by spending half of Saturday in bed. I do notice though I relax and refresh as much by lying down, as I gain by a bit of exercise on the bicycle. Both very important parts of the weekend it would seem.

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 385

Brilliant news

Keep moving little and often

best wishes @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Baloo

Gosh. I think some credit needs to go here to biology being pretty amazing, and to the support on this website too. Thank you folks. I'm still improving, and I hope this might encourage some others.

I'm wondering a little bit why that might be. Possibly the improvement is down to the type of arthritis I was facing. Recovery has taken two years of carefully nursing things along and noticing small improvements, until I was able to come off painkillers.

This week its been the office move so I have been gadding about the office (1mph), carefully lifting a bit of weight, checking in at the gym to see whats happening with my legs. Tonight it was the black cab, and honestly being able to heft myself up and down that big step, without too much difficulty, compared even to a year ago, was a real treat.

• susy123
    susy123 Member Posts: 20

Hi well done. It's great to know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Susy123