Nausea

Teapot
Teapot Member Posts: 242
edited 15. Sep 2024, 09:03 in Living with arthritis

Good morning all. I am looking for advice. I inject methotrexate 15 mg once a week and benepali 50 once a week (am in process of changing from benepali to alidmumab soon). I take 5mg folic acid 6 days a week and lansoprazole every morning (both of which were subscribed a few years again for nausea. A year ago I had a TIA so am now on blood pressure and blood thinners and a statin. Does anyone out there suffer with bad nausea, high hot colour , bad taste in mouth and tummy problems which start early hours of morning. Would reducing folic acid and lansoprazole help. I have mentioned to my consultant but got no real answers except all working well and my bloods are good. Hope some has sone suggestions. Thank you and hope you all have a restful day, I have rheumatoid arthritis.

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,853

Hi Teapot long time no see.😊

Sorry to hear about your TIA I also had one, mine was in April. Possibly those extra meds might be the cause????? The problem is like me I suspect you see no-one at all about the TIA now after the initial panic?

I do know that statins and blood thinners can both cause nausea and the two-bob-bits. DonDon't know about blood pressure meds though. I intend to come off the statins as my cholesterol was 3.9 anyway and they have shot my liver results up, but the blood thinners (clopidogrel?) I am staying on in spite of looking like my husband is beating me up!

Let's see what everyone else thinks.

Take care

Toni x

• Teapot

Thank you for commenting. My TIA was last year in April and you are so right seen no one since after it happened . I expected regular checks but this has not happened which is surprising. No one checks how you are doing on the extra tabs and the only blood tests I have are through my arthritis consultant re the methotrexate but nothing from my GP but he prescribes the TIA tabs. Thanks again and I will also see which other think.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,853

Good luck I hope you get some help soon not nice at all feeling sicky and upset stomach .

take care

Toni x

• Teapot

On Tuesday I had a medication review from my GP, well over the phone with a senior pharmacist based at my GP surgery. I did not know we had one. She was very thorough and nice and went through each tablet and injection that I take. Colestral check will be done when I have my bloods done in September and she arranged for blood pressure check for this Friday. This came about because I requested Naproxen for a 3 week flare I was in. She informed me that I should not take Naproxen as I was on blood thinners and it could cause bleeding, I was not aware of this. I can have co codomol if I have a really painful flare so she will prescribe a small amount of that. This was really an informative talk and I hope this will be a regular thing. I believe all of us who are on a lot of meds and under a GP and a hospital Consultant should have a regular review because sometimes the two don’t talk to each other. Thanks for reading and wish everyone a good day

• Teapot

Morningall. Sorry early hours post . Nausea is really bad. Also muzzy head. Am not sick but the feeling is awful. No sleep tonight. Went off until 10.30 and then awake. Took methotrexate around 4.30 pm and statin around 8. All other meds i take at breakfast time. Adiladmumab seems OK just inject that every other week and I done seem to have any side effects from that. But something is causing the nausea and I cant get any answers. I am eating extra strong mints at moment as don’t know what else to try. Any suggestions please would be gratefully accepted. I am going to ring Rheumatology nurse on Monday as well to see if she has some suggestions. Could taking the statin at night be the cause, when do other take theirs ? Sorry for the moans but it helps a bit early hours to write this. Again any suggestions I am willing to try. Hope you all had good night.