Options
2»

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jackie,

I hope your neck settles down soon. There was a post a while ago, I can't remember who posted it but it was about necks.

Mine came up like a bull frog and I had a load of tests starting with mumps, then thyroid, then eventually the put a camera down and took something out but I don't know what, the surgeon said it wasn't anything interesting and I was worried it could have been a fur ball :oops: so I didn't ask any questions. Anyway the general thoughts were I had some thing ending in it was in my lymph and salivary glands and had they seen me sooner (hardly my fault) they would have treated me and it would have gone quicker....... I had a bad reaction to Preds, and it was linked to that reaction as well as my immune system being useless.

Very long winded but I know from the other neck post it is common though I technically don't have ra I do have 3 other auto immumed problems. Have you got problems swallowing and mine also used to interfere with my breathing when it was very swollen.

Take Care,
    Cris
  • jackie1955
    jackie1955 Member Posts: 632
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, Thanks for your replies.

I havent had a sore throat at all, nor loss of voice. Just this strange movement in front of my neck when I swallow. Last couple of days it hasn't been as noticeable, or happening as much. I'm sure it must be connected to the RA.

I see the rheumy nurse on Friday, if its a different one I'll ask her about it.

I've just read Colins' latest post on the forum regarding his problems with throat/neck. He says RA in his throat has affected his muscles for swallowing, and his voice. Its very sad and very scary.

My God, what if you can't even swallow anymore?

Jackie x