Reactive RA

Options
jeannie2
jeannie2 Member Posts: 135
edited 25. Jun 2009, 11:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All,
I've opened this thread 'cos I want you all to know how grateful I am to those who mentioned this subject elsewhere.

I've now been able to look up the details and possibly solve the mystery of why I've got RA - none of the family have arthur. I had Salmonella years ago - from an egg at a hotel! Boy, was I ill. Now I can discuss it with the rheumy. My Chinese man told me it was the result of a virus and I only half believed him. Whatever, it's given me something to cling to.

What a support you all are, and you find the time and the patience to do it, in spite of your own sufferings. Thanks everyone for being there when there doesn't seem to be anyone else to turn to.

Hope you all have a good day today

Hugs xxx
Jeannie

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jeannie
    Awww!
    That's a nice thing to say! Cheers!
    Hope the info is useful for rheumy!
    Take care
    Toni x
  • annic4363
    annic4363 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    jeannie wrote:
    Hi All,
    I've opened this thread 'cos I want you all to know how grateful I am to those who mentioned this subject elsewhere.

I've now been able to look up the details and possibly solve the mystery of why I've got RA - none of the family have arthur. I had Salmonella years ago - from an egg at a hotel! Boy, was I ill. Now I can discuss it with the rheumy. My Chinese man told me it was the result of a virus and I only half believed him. Whatever, it's given me something to cling to.

What a support you all are, and you find the time and the patience to do it, in spite of your own sufferings. Thanks everyone for being there when there doesn't seem to be anyone else to turn to.

Hope you all have a good day today

Hugs xxx
    Jeannie

I know one of the great mysteries this! No Arthritis of any form in my family either.

I picked up a really revolting tummy bug in Chicago December 2006 and was diagnosed April 2007. Having said that I was already been treated for what was supposed to be tendonitis and had been complaining of tiredness for over 5 years.

I asked my Rheumy about this and her view was that it might have sped the process up a bit but I was always destined to get RA! But you gotta wonder.....

Is any one else part of a study linked to Anti-TNF at Manchester University? I am about to join it and this seems to be the kind of thing they are interested in

Chat soon

Annie

xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    bumping this up again