Options
2»

Comments

• tracys
    tracys Member Posts: 25
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Colin
    Definately- I definately think there is something missing for people of our age group, I know that they were hoping to get a group started in dundee last year but that was for all ages and it didnt take off so I am really keen to try and get something started and I am willing to help in anyway

Tracy :D
  • colinb
    colinb Member Posts: 66
    Options
    thanks Tracy. great news.
    colin
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Colin,
    Yes I would be interested but I have to warn you-I've never done anything like this before!!!!
    Magenta :)

PS How is Maggy?
  • colinb
    Options
    thanks magenta...n lol..neither have we. maggy has been really sore of late..gettin a load of bother from her hips, which dont usually trouble her overly, so some changes to meds and xrays today..lets see what they say..cheers..colin
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Colin and Maggy,
    Hope Maggy is feeling better soon and everything goes well regards x-rays
    Magenta x
  • colinb
    Options
    thanks for the good wishes for Maggy, Magenta

she had a little brainstorm..lol....wonders if you all think its worth getting together somewhere for a chat online? maybe a chat room you can use?
  • magenta
    Options
    Oh dear :oops: This is where I have to say-what? What's a chat room? I would need to get hubby to help me. Let me know details and I'll try my best :?
    Magenta x
  • colinb
    Options
    update. we met today with the volunteer coordinator and it seems things will get moving, and more or less exactly as has been mentioned here previously. Maggy is going to do training to run the challenging arthritis course etc, and i have been asked to do something along the lines of an online virtual group, which meets up perhaps quarterly in different locations to suit. i now have to wait to hear how i can set up this group..i'm guessing it will be through the usergroups tab on the forum menu, and as soon as i hear anything i'll update again. once i know the format it is to take, i will undoubtedly be looking for hints, tips and advice regards group content..so get them thining caps on..lol.
    cheers...Colin
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Colin and Maggy
    WOW!!!
    Well done both!
    Toni x
  • colinb
    Options
    thanks Toni..no idea how long it will take to get started yet, but we are really looking forward to it.
  • magenta
    Options
    Hiya,
    Good on you! Hear from you soon eh?
    Magenta x
  • tracys
    Options
    Hi Colin and Maggy

Thats Great news! Maggy you will really enjoy training to do Challenging your Condition course - thats the one I did in September and it was really good to meet other people who are all keen to spread the word etc we had such a laugh too.! Look forward to hear the update Colin

Take care

Tracy
  • colinb
    Options
    hi all...just popped in to update you. things seem to be getting moving, and it looks as if there is a possibility of setting up a well featured website, with some familiar features such as a forum etc, also with the possibility of adding on things such as a "live" chatroom, places for photos and so on. what i would like now is some ideas of content you would like to see. perhaps specific sections dealing with particular issues faced, links to advice available to everyone. if gthere is anything you would like to see..or to not see for that matter, let me know please. on the topic of advice- do we think there is sufficient advice out there just now for the problems and issues we face, or is there a need for development of new, specific advice aimed at our ages, dealing with children etc etc. drop me a reply or a message with any thoughts please. thanks all
    Colin
  • tracys
    Options
    Hi Colin
    Great to see things moving forward - so well done! I will have a wee think and come back to you - there are so many elements of being a young person with arthritis . I will put my thinking cap on and come back to you . I personally would like to speak to other young people with arthritis about medication, long term fears, tips etc I would like a social group or event to meet others - as I am on the fundraising committee for scotland I want to make this happen but it would be good to use the forum to get some ideas of what people would like to do.
    Speak soon
    Tracy
  • colinb
    Options
    hi Tracy. we agree completely with the social group aspect of this, and would love to see that happen. at first tho, we will no doubt be spread about all over the place, so the idea of meeting up maybe quarterly, at different locations or events is definately "on the table" - maybe a meet for lunch or dinner, perhaps within another event..has been suggested at events such as the Mussleburgh racecourse event next year, we could have a meet within the event, and so on. so yes definately a social aspect, we feel that is a must have. maggy agrees with the aspects of speaking with young people about medication, fears etc..and these kind of topics will obviously be included on the forums. look forward to hearing from you, and take care.
    colin
  • tracys
    Options
    colinb wrote:
    hi Tracy. we agree completely with the social group aspect of this, and would love to see that happen. at first tho, we will no doubt be spread about all over the place, so the idea of meeting up maybe quarterly, at different locations or events is definately "on the table" - maybe a meet for lunch or dinner, perhaps within another event..has been suggested at events such as the Mussleburgh racecourse event next year, we could have a meet within the event, and so on. so yes definately a social aspect, we feel that is a must have. maggy agrees with the aspects of speaking with young people about medication, fears etc..and these kind of topics will obviously be included on the forums. look forward to hearing from you, and take care.
    colin
    Hi Colin, I am meeting with Musselburgh branch tomorrow so wil let you know Tracy
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Colin,
    Hope Maggy is well :wink:
    I'll get my thinking cap on but off the top of my head would be:
    Parenting
    What to expect at hospital appointments
    MRI's/Xrays
    Blood tests, what ones should they do?
    I'll keep thinking about what things affect me and let you know,
    Magenta x

Just read some more posts, pregnancy/trying to concieve would be a good topic!
  • colinb
    Options
    morning all..now this may seem a silly little point...but does anyone have an idea for a name for this group? sounds daft..but i was sitting thinking what we should call it. do we simply have it as something like arthritiscare with an age range attatched e.g arthritiscare25-45 or something altogether different?. will hopefully have a real update for you all later, as there will be some discussion with arthritiscare today on the subject of this group.
  • tracys
    Options
    What about AC25/45?
  • kate21
    kate21 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    when a younger group was proposed here in York a popular name for the group was a bit of a pun on the usual "young at heart" by spelling it either "young at arthritis" or "young at art(hritis)"

it is a little long though and not sure how keen I am on it even.

what I do like about it though is the emphasis on being young at heart, rather than necessarily restricting things by age