pregnancy setting of RA, questions for mums!

Options
suziev
suziev Member Posts: 252
edited 14. Nov 2008, 08:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi

has anyone come across information with regard to pregnancy setting of RA or similar condtions?
all i ever seem to find is how RA will effect your pregnancy and no information for mums
who have developed the condition/s because of pregnancy!
i just think there is a gap out there for this information!

suzie

Comments

• suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi,
    my ra really started full on when sarah (my little one!) was a few weeks old. before she was born i had a few niggley pains but not to bad. she is now 22 months so i could probably help you.
    i can't write everything here as it would take forever but feel free to ask anything and i will answer as best i can!
  • mrsdalloway
    mrsdalloway Member Posts: 161
    Options
    Hi Suzie my RA was diagnosed 13 years ago when my eldest was a few months old. It started off as a pain in one of my toes and was triggered by pregnancy. Feel free to pm me if you want anymore info.
  • chris101
    chris101 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Funny you should ask this question - I was only saying to my partner a couple of days ago that I had noticed a few people on this forum seem to have got RA soon after the birth of their babies. I said I think there is scope for some research in this area. My RA started when my baby was 9 months old (he is my first baby and is now 16 months). I had never had anything like this before and no-one in my family has anything like it either. I would be very happy to talk with you about this.
  • suziev
    suziev Member Posts: 252
    Options
    hi ladies

thanks for your replys and thanks scottishlass i learnt something new. i was thinking if everyone thought there was a need maybe get arthritis care to add a little piece about it in there 'about arthritis' section, would help any new mums to understand. what do you think?
    suzie
  • lizzieuk1
    lizzieuk1 Member Posts: 302
    Options
    suziev wrote:
    hi ladies

thanks for your replys and thanks scottishlass i learnt something new. i was thinking if everyone thought there was a need maybe get arthritis care to add a little piece about it in there 'about arthritis' section, would help any new mums to understand. what do you think?
    suzie

i'm sure if you had trouble accessing the info then there must be others in the same position so would think adding it is a good idea.
    there is some research going on in the Norwich area i think about the hormonal links to RA and also that they think the pill might be partly protective for RA lots of scope for research and i guess perhaps even some sort of hormone therapy to treat it maybe aswell though i'm sure thats a long way off yet.