MTX injections?

Options
garagefluffy
garagefluffy Member Posts: 15
edited 11. Nov 2008, 08:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all
Currently on 25mg tablets MTX. Could just about stomach them but now have added sulfasalazine have felt sick all day (take mtx on fri night).

Question is how do you administer the mtx injections? Not good with needles and not sure if could jab myself . Rheumy mentioned injections and I changed subject :roll: (so ok I learn slowly :oops: )

Jax

Comments

• Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi jax,

I understand why you changd the subject! :wink: :roll:

I did too for a long time!! :shock: but eventually was persuaded, as in my case the tablets were not working at all. I found that almost immediately I started the injections I made leaps in a good direction.

I too was a needle phobic, but at first I attended the local hospital every week & they did the injection. Tedious to have to go every week, but in my case it felt to be worth it.

I was offered the chance to self-inject, thus getting a bit of my life back (no more 2 1/2 hour round trips!) and thought I would never manage it ..... but I did for 2 years. Recently I have begun to find it hard to self-inject for some reason, but my GP surgery were very good and now the practice nurse does my MTX injection. There are lots of different ways around it if you have problems and I am sure that you will find a way of coping!

all the best!
  • kezzo1
    kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hello,
    i been on mtx injects a month now 2 the nurse did and 2 i did, its so easy like kat said needle small and its just piercing the skin, syrnge all ready re filled so really simple yep i recomend it i hated taking 8 tablets! one inject and its all done only thing i get is nausea and occ headaches