Sero-ve and psoriatic arthritis?

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 12. Nov 2008, 11:37 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
I've been reading posts from as far back as Jan 08 and a few have been helpful for me. There was a sero-ve post where there were mentions of sero-ve sufferers eventually getting psoriatic arthritis. Has this happened with anyone?
Thanks, Magenta x

Comments

• methogirl
    methogirl Member Posts: 25
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hello,
    I've been reading posts from as far back as Jan 08 and a few have been helpful for me. There was a sero-ve post where there were mentions of sero-ve sufferers eventually getting psoriatic arthritis. Has this happened with anyone?
    Thanks, Magenta x

Hi, about 10 years ao I was knocked down with arthritis. This was after a bout of food poisoning. First of all they said I had sero negative arthritis, which is a reactive arthritis. Then they checked me for RA, but I was negative. After about a year I was eventually diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis, But, Im still not convinced which arthritis I really have. As I do not follow the rules of PA, and the docs always say Im a unique case.

Dont know if this helps you at all?
    Good luck
    :lol:
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Methogirl,
    Thank you for replying to my post. I'm like you with the 'unique' thing. I think in my case it's just an excuse on drs part cos they don't know what the hell is wrong with me! I've recently had food poisoning so maybe that will do something else to my arthur :shock:
    Cheers,
    Magenta x
  • j0nn13
    j0nn13 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    Interested to know this as well, just wondering as I have seronegative arthritis and i'm now starting to experience some skin problems, very dry skin which seems to be breaking out as if i was allergic to something.... hope its not and can be put down to something simple like an allergy and psoriatic arthritis.