Black dog

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 16. Nov 2008, 06:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
Something of the black dog still hanging about me but i want to shake it off but cant i generally give out good vibes in compamy of friends whether i am enjoying them or not i feel it is to bad to sadden others lives by suffering my own melancholy to be seen and it makes me feel better when these others are happy but i just want to **** them all and be myself which is not a nice person does anyone else feel like this with arthur or i hope it is not only me feeling down orf to see rheumy about me hip so cant be askedd

Comments

• oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Something of the black dog still hanging about me but i want to shake it off but cant i generally give out good vibes in compamy of friends whether i am enjoying them or not i feel it is to bad to sadden others lives by suffering my own melancholy to be seen and it makes me feel better when these others are happy but i just want to **** them all and be myself which is not a nice person does anyone else feel like this with arthur or i hope it is not only me feeling down orf to see rheumy about me hip so cant be askedd

We cant be happy 24/7 and we all have a good whinge now and again...i dont think your friends would mind if you had a moan now and again,everyone does. How you feel is human!
    Hope rhemy appoint goes okay
  • lynnmary
    lynnmary Member Posts: 12
    Options
    hope your spirits lift soon and get back on track ...sorry your feeling low or black dog as you put it ..hope all goes well for you today ...but when we do feel low we should share with friends thats what there there for ...im sure as a friend you listen to there woes to ..take care
    lynn
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    noeltone wrote:

Hey Matey
    Feeling like that myself today. Kids at school and at home on my own with the blasted pleurasy. :( Have watched Jeremy Kyle Show so must be feeling bad!!!! But I will say something for that show it does make you realise just how lucky you are!!!!! Am off to bed in a minute 'cos I am absolutely Kn*****ed. In some ways I'm glad the rest of my family aren't here as I know it upsets them when I am down so got 5 hours to sleep and paint on the smile for when they all get home.
    Hope all oges well with the rheumy.
    God bless
    Kate
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Hi Chrisov
    That black dog again! He visits me too sometimes! The good thing is that generally he goes away agian eventually. How is the hip coming along?
    You are probably wise to 'put on a front' to others so long as you do have someone to confide in though. Tell little Charlie (he can keep a secret!)
    I hope you do pick up soon.
    Take care
    Toni xx
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    katekelly wrote:
    noeltone wrote:

Hey Matey
    Feeling like that myself today. Kids at school and at home on my own with the blasted pleurasy. :( Have watched Jeremy Kyle Show so must be feeling bad!!!! But I will say something for that show it does make you realise just how lucky you are!!!!! Am off to bed in a minute 'cos I am absolutely Kn*****ed. In some ways I'm glad the rest of my family aren't here as I know it upsets them when I am down so got 5 hours to sleep and paint on the smile for when they all get home.
    Hope all oges well with the rheumy.
    God bless
    Kate

Hi

I am feeling like that myself as well today, I also watched the Jeremy Kyle show. I have to say it is a great way to make yourself feel better!!! If they are true firends they should stick with you on the ups and downs as I am sure that you have with them. Take care and I hope that you get on well at rheum. :)
  • redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    Options
    watching jeremy kyle makes me feel normal,dont know if thats good or bad.lol...i think we all have times when we just want to be ourselves and not to have to put on a happy face just for the sake of others.when people say oh whats wrong with you today.i usualy say nothing and try to change the subject.but what i reay want to say.GOD I FEEL SO BAD,IM IN PAIN,YOU DONT UNDERSTAND,I WISH YOU HAD THIS JUST FOR ONE DAY THEN YOU WOULDNT ASK ME.but i just grit my teeth and smile sweetly.
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi All again,
    Perhaps we should start a thread on the Jeremy Kyle show. That should help us all to feel a bit more normal don't you think?? :)
    And give us something to laugh at on those "dark" days we are all prone too.
    Keep smiling all of you- because all of us know the effort we have to put in and we should all be very proud of ourselves. We are all allowed bad days aren't we?-If we can't sound off here it's a bad thing bcos where else are we gonna find others who KNOW!
    Thanx to you all for the support I have found frm you during my short time as a member here it does help-even better than Jeremy Kyle!!
    Love
    Kate xx 8)
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Chrisov
    You feeling any better today?
    I hope so

Toni xx
  • jennywren
    jennywren Bots Posts: 79
    Options
    Oh dear oh to chase and beat that black dog away If I could
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Jenny
    Haven't heard from you for a while. Hope you are ok too. Have you thought about chasing him away with a little kitten?!
    Toni x
  • border
    border Member Posts: 94
    Options
    noeltone wrote:

The black dog has been sniffing around my ankles for years, but he does seem to be accompanied by a companion now. It is difficult to shake them off especially pain. AS my gp says: 'just hang in there!'
  • nickynysmon08
    nickynysmon08 Bots Posts: 111
    Options
    for what it s worth, I often think when we feel miserable, one good way to deal with it is simply give in to it. it may be we are neglecting something in us that needs to be dealt with, simply bring on the depression but don't wallow in it. almost enjoy it- then go out and smile at the world, at people, and do something nice and pleasant for someone. this I believe and i often do this, is a way of balancing things out.

if you don't want to be with people, sadly we often have no choice, simply be alone. but don't hang on to the sad state, simply accept it, but afterwards, do something nice and pleasant, or simply go out and --smile at people!!!!. I am in the habit of talking to anyone I meet, more often perfect strangers as though I had known them all my life.

I often think it is easy to be miserable but takes that bit more effort to be happy quite often. depression turns the mind inward, and it can be beneficial, but then we must do the opposite, and turn outward, which can be hard work.