drug eruption

Options
plmb48
plmb48 Member Posts: 125
edited 15. Nov 2008, 11:02 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi everyone
has anyone had a drug eruption dr thinks it could be caused by hydroxycloraquine
fosamax
or ramipril
stoped hydrox 6 weeks ago but no better any ideas?pauline :?:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Pauline
    My goodness - what happened? Was it like dangerous like anyphalaxis?
    I had uticaria twice, which might have been due to nsaids apparently which I was given in America. Everything swelled up and itched like crazy - I remember the slightest pressure caused lumps, which eventually went down and left me covered in massive bruises. Not had any of that with Uk nsaids though. Am on hydroxy too.
    Wonder if anyone else has had this prob.
    Toni x
  • plmb48
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Pauline
    My goodness - what happened? Was it like dangerous like anyphalaxis?
    I had uticaria twice, which might have been due to nsaids apparently which I was given in America. Everything swelled up and itched like crazy - I remember the slightest pressure caused lumps, which eventually went down and left me covered in massive bruises. Not had any of that with Uk nsaids though. Am on hydroxy too.
    Wonder if anyone else has had this prob.
    Toni x
    thanks for your reply i had 3 marks 1on forhead 2on eyebrows i had to have skin cancer biopsis thats how they found that it was drug eruption.pauline
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    Pauline
    That must have been really scary - the skin test! Glad it was not that :(
    Hope it doesn't happen again.
    Take care
    Toni xx
  • trevorpotts
    trevorpotts Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi
    I had a huge problem with that drug about 2 years ago. My face and tongue swelled up then all the patches of psoriasis went bright red and very sore. It took about two weeks of severe itching as it worked its way down my body and my skin peeled off. Eventually I pulled layers of skin off my feet. They gave me a high dose of antihistamine which helped I think.
  • chris101
    chris101 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Ok...really wish I hadn't read this one as just started taking hydroxychloroquine! Sorry to hear you've had such a bad reaction to it. Only been on it for 4 weeks and not doing anything to help my RA so far. Must admit my arms have been really itchy though...
  • plmb48
    Options
    chris101 wrote:
    Ok...really wish I hadn't read this one as just started taking hydroxychloroquine! Sorry to hear you've had such a bad reaction to it. Only been on it for 4 weeks and not doing anything to help my RA so far. Must admit my arms have been really itchy though...
    dont worry to much i was on hydroxy for 10 years it helped a lot it dosent happen to everyone you will be ok .pauline :):):)