nausea & MTX

Options
methogirl
methogirl Member Posts: 25
edited 14. Nov 2008, 08:30 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone have any tips on how to combat nausea from MTX as i'm having this nausea feeling everytime i inject.
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    methogirl wrote:
    Does anyone have any tips on how to combat nausea from MTX as i'm having this nausea feeling everytime i inject.
    hi, my only advise is see gp see if you can have antisickness meds.i have two 1 i put under gum,if im vomiting,diff 1 for nausea.im on morphine patches,cocodomol etc etc,o/a etc. so u may not be able to take them but ask gp.the nausea is terrible,at least if u vomite its gone.unless u get migaines as i do.that why i have the ones under the gum.stomach wont tolarate any meds with migriane.its worth asking . debs.
  • poppy30
    poppy30 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    A top tip someone gave to me was to take meds just before going to bed as then you can sleep though the worst of the nausea. Not sure if is possible for you to inject before going to bed but might be worth a go.... if you haven't tried this method already!

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Poppy x
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    poppy30 wrote:
    A top tip someone gave to me was to take meds just before going to bed as then you can sleep though the worst of the nausea. Not sure if is possible for you to inject before going to bed but might be worth a go.... if you haven't tried this method already!

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Poppy x
    have a look through the old threads as i know there was a topic on that.well worth a read through.or some1 will post u.i dont inject meds.(tablets) just affects my stomach. :oops: debs
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    mint tea! i was told to try it and it does really help. i suffered from sickness and acid indegestion and although i still take anti sickness when it's really bad i don't take as many since drinking mint tea.
    also i try to have breakfast every morning as this helps to. i take my mtx on saturday evening and so i do sleep through the worst, but having even just abit of toast sunday morning realy, really helps.
  • kezzo1
    kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    glad u posted this im having the same prob with nausea been injecting mtx now for a month 15mg but go up to 20mg tonight hope sickness doesnt increase with the higher dose!! :shock:
  • methogirl
    Options
    Hi all

Thank you all for your comments & suggestions. I have tried numerous antisickness pills, but they always "knock me out". Im useless while taking them. I still work so need to be awake. My problem is the sickness lasts for about 2 to 3 days after.

I hate this nauseous feeling :x

Methogirl
  • eugeneg
    eugeneg Member Posts: 36
    Options
    methogirl wrote:

Hi There,

It has been a few years since I touched MXT. I was only ever on the Tabs never the Jabs. Me and MXT never got on! I used to feel sick & hungover like I'd been on a bender for 48 hours but without the booze! The only way I counteracted it was by eating junk, but that was counter-productive!! Sorry, I've been no help at all!!

I hope it improves for you.

Take care,

Eugene.
  • methogirl
    Options
    Hi Eugeneg

Do you know what how right you are? When I am feeling nauseous I want to eat all the time to try to rid the feeling, and yes all that I fancy is junk food.

Must be something there if we are both like it.

Thanks for your comments
    Take care
    Jo
  • laurenrix
    laurenrix Member Posts: 1
    Options
    I was advised and tried ginger ale...yes it is a bit gross to start with but I found it actually worked. The hotter the better!! I just sipped at a can slowly and felt bit better...could be worth a try!!
    L