Internet dating

Options
luckybug
luckybug Member Posts: 205
edited 12. Nov 2008, 13:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Anyone tried it?
I want to know what do you say about your arthritis, do you be honest and tell them online? or wait until you meet then let them see it?
I have been internet dating a while now, and have had some mixed responses, I usually get to talk to the fella for a good while and usually get a rough idea of what they are like, but I know that when I have met one or two, I have seen the disappointment on there faces, and sometimes they see the disappointment on mine!!!
My mum says I should just be straight, and tell them before I meet them, but I think if I do, they may not meet me and then they miss out on meeting a Top Girl, and I miss out on the date!
So at the moment I say nothing, I'm 43 and think if there that shallow, then thats there problem not mine, but I am just wondering what other Rheumys do. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Comments

• redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    luckybug wrote:
    Anyone tried it?
    I want to know what do you say about your arthritis, do you be honest and tell them online? or wait until you meet then let them see it?
    I have been internet dating a while now, and have had some mixed responses, I usually get to talk to the fella for a good while and usually get a rough idea of what they are like, but I know that when I have met one or two, I have seen the disappointment on there faces, and sometimes they see the disappointment on mine!!!
    My mum says I should just be straight, and tell them before I meet them, but I think if I do, they may not meet me and then they miss out on meeting a Top Girl, and I miss out on the date!
    So at the moment I say nothing, I'm 43 and think if there that shallow, then thats there problem not mine, but I am just wondering what other Rheumys do. :oops: :oops: :oops:
    ....hi luckybug,this is a hard one but when i was single i did meet some one online i went out with him for a year.i didnt tell him straight away as i thought it would put him off without giving him a chance to get to know me.at the time i was going through a good phase with my arthritis,so unless you looked realy closely at my hands you wudnt know i had it.but obviously he saw me taking lots of medication so i did tell him a couple of months down the line.luckily he was fine about it.i agree with you though if they cant accept you the way you are then they are very shallow.im afraid theres a lot of people about like that.we all need love and affection and why should we be denied it because we have arthritis.anyway i think you should do what you feel is right.good luck. :)
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I wouldnt mention it at first, not cos hiding anything but why mention it incase you dont hit it off at first meeting anyway.......perhaps at 3rd date?