Oh, what a day!

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 12. Nov 2008, 17:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello all,
My day started badly :x Due to go to dental hospital for results of ct scan. Parked 10mins away (in Glasgow, very busy!) and after putting nearly all my change in meter, no bl***y ticket!! So, last of change goes in to get another ticket :x Too early but no energy to christmas shop! Wee boy still off nursery with food poisoning so had him in pram trying to keep him entertained :shock:
Got to hospital and got taken near enough straight away-yeah! But no, had to wait in a wee room for an hour with a 'child'(not mine) playing at being a dentist. CT scan results weren't there :shock: , they had to phone the hospital to get them. Hosp. wouldn't give them over the phone cos they didn't believe the dentist was who he said he was!!!
Still with me? I had to then leave as I was in danger of getting a parking ticket. I eventually got told as I'm leaving, that the ct scan was a bit weird :shock: My right side of jaw has abnormal sized blood vessels? What is this? Don't know came the reply. I have to now go the hospital to 'talk' through the scan-bit scared about that. What they did tell me was I have 'spectacular' osteoarthritis in both sides of jaw!!!! I have erosions everywhere and they thought it was really great that I had it in both sides of jaw :shock: Too much in a rush to even ask what's next then? No tablets, nothing!
I hope I've not bored you all, but I'm glad I got it all out!
Magenta :wink:

PS There was more to this story, not all hospital stuff, but I'm in agony after typing this. My right elbow is playing up big time! As my mum would say "I need rubbed oot and drawn in again!" :wink:

Comments

• jeannie2
    jeannie2 Member Posts: 135
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Magenta et al,
    Haven't been around much - not well at all. BUT I just had to say - my God, what a day you must have had. Hope this one's better. Seems typical of the way things are now - the medical service has become too much of an 'industry' and the folk who work in it sometimes forget they are dealing with PEOPLE not commodities.

Don't know about you but I'm very frightened of the future, what I think I'm not being told, and the lack of moral support from the medical profession.

Keep your chin up - lots of hugs.
    Jeannie
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Jeannie,
    I totally agree with you re medical people. Have to say though, the consultant was very nice. I'm going today to see them about scan, so fingers crossed :)
    Hope you're feeling better :wink:
    Magenta x
  • redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    Options
    hi magenta,these things are sent to try us,nothing is ever straight forward.i had a day like your a couple of weeks ago......had an appiontment ay hospital at 11pm,was waiting for the bus wich was meant to turn up at 9.55 giving me just enough time to get there.i was still stood there at 10.20,rang the bus company,they only can tell me the times of buses.gave me another number to ring.rang that they said oh yes bus has broken down it will be another 30mins or so getting to you.i said oh ive got hospital appointment at 11 not going to make it now.the woman said its not my fault i cant help the bus breaking down.i wasnt realy blameing her.lol.then i tried to ring my mum see if she could take me in the car but no answer.mum never has her mobile switched on :roll: then i had to ring the hospital appointments to tell them im will be late.they tried to connect me to rhuemys secartary.i got cut off and had to ring again.eventualy got through they asked if i could be there for 11.30 i said maybe.they said they would let my rhuemy know.bus turned up.got to station at 11.30,then had to get a shuttle bus to the hospital,got there about 11.40 :shock: luckily i wasnt waiting long to see rheumy. anyway magenta hope you had a better day today. :D
  • poppy30
    poppy30 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Just wanted to offer a hug... that sounded like a rough day!!! :wink:

Poppy x
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Message to Magenta and Red Poppy,
    God bless you both I think everyone who has read your posts will really empathise with you because we have all been there to some degree. The thing is if you try to explain to "well" people why these sorts of days are so frustrating they just see the "frustrating" side of the day they don't see the painful side of it. That is why this forum is so important at least you know there are others who know.
    Take care
    Kate
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Thanks again to all for replying :wink: Redpoppy, poor you :( I hate buses! Glad you made your appointment :) Very, very frustrating!
    Kate, thanks x

Magenta x