Thank God for Methotrexate!

Options
slummymummy
slummymummy Member Posts: 69
edited 17. Nov 2008, 18:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,

Good news! After 2 1/2 months, it seems that the methotrexate is finally starting to kick in. My RA symptoms have been much much better for the last couple of weeks. After 7 long months of being in pain every day, I have actually had some pain-free days. Yeah!! I am beaming and soooooo relieved. I have even spoken to my supervisors about going back to work. They are being very supportive and have suggested that I return in January. Today I took my 1-year-old into town shopping. I managed several shops and several heavy bags, crossing busy roads with a toddler, and still had energy to cook a lovely meal when I got home! (Amazing!)

I met with my Rheumatology consultant last week and he increased my dose from 12.5mg to 15mg, as I have been coping with it reasonably well. He also mentioned that if I wasn't completely happy, then he would be willing to prescribe an Anti-TNF at some point in the future.

So, to anyone else recently diagnosed with RA, I would say, hang on in there. There is hope! Things CAN get better. :lol:

Take care,
Slummy

Comments

• slummymummy
    slummymummy Member Posts: 69
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    P.S. Just incase anyone thinks I'm 'cured,' that's not exactly the case. I'm still very weak, my periods are unpredictable, my mouth is sore, my stomach aches, and I am currently on antibiotics for infections in both my big toe nails (I've never had this before). But none of this is getting me down, because I can move again!!! - This really does seem like a miracle.
    x
  • roczko
    roczko Member Posts: 92
    Options
    I'm really pleased it's working for you and you're feeling so well. I hope it keeps doing its magic :!:

Patrick

ps it made me worse but that's another story :shock:
  • eugeneg
    eugeneg Member Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi all,

Good news! After 2 1/2 months, it seems that the methotrexate is finally starting to kick in. My RA symptoms have been much much better for the last couple of weeks. After 7 long months of being in pain every day, I have actually had some pain-free days. Yeah!! I am beaming and soooooo relieved. I have even spoken to my supervisors about going back to work. They are being very supportive and have suggested that I return in January. Today I took my 1-year-old into town shopping. I managed several shops and several heavy bags, crossing busy roads with a toddler, and still had energy to cook a lovely meal when I got home! (Amazing!)

I met with my Rheumatology consultant last week and he increased my dose from 12.5mg to 15mg, as I have been coping with it reasonably well. He also mentioned that if I wasn't completely happy, then he would be willing to prescribe an Anti-TNF at some point in the future.

So, to anyone else recently diagnosed with RA, I would say, hang on in there. There is hope! Things CAN get better. :lol:

Take care,
    Slummy

Hi Slummy,

I am happy for you that the drugs are kicking in and you have some better quality of life. I hope things continue to improve. I got that feeling when I switched to Enbrel.

For me personally I couldn't wait to get off MXT. It made me as sick as a dog!

Take care,

Eugene.
  • kezzo1
    kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
    Options
    im glad ur feeling happier and not so in pain take care xx