Oh, what an even better day!

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 13. Nov 2008, 20:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
This is going to be long, I apologise :wink:
Today, got up to my hubby saying he wasn't feeling very well again (he had food poisoning bug!). He went to work as normal while I got kids ready etc.. Hubby then called to get me to pick him up. This was fine (although worried about him :( ) Got to drs for backdated sick-line to find dr had dated it wrong :shock: so I have to get it done again! Went to hospital for ct scan result-the one that I should have got yesterday! Arrived at said hospital 1 hour early and had the 'luxury' of driving round and round the hospital for 50mins, taking in the sites and thinking that there aren't very many car park spaces here? Got to appt. to find no-one knew who I was! Went to waiting area and after 30mins wait told that clinic behind 15mins? I hour later, still there and again, parking ticket due to expire.
Eventually got seen by another dentist so had to go through everything again. He then had to go and consult the consultant :?
While he done that, I read my notes :cry: They are not interested in OA of jaw. Dentist said not like OA of hip, of course your jaw will click and crunch but it's not degenerative :shock: You can still eat!
They now are more concerned with large blood vessels in jaw and there are 2 mentions in notes about cancerous lesions. I may have to go for a detailed MRI scan ( what's that?) when they have a 'meeting' about me on Friday. Needless to say I'm s**ing it! Actually feel better now that I've got it all out-thank you to everyone if you manage to get to the end of this :?
Magenta X

Comments

• redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    hi magenta,sorry to hear you had such a bad day today again.it does stress you out even more when things dont go right.and we can do without that!i hope you will soon get some reassurance that everythings ok when you have had your MRI scan.
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Redpoppy,
    Thanks x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hi Redpoppy,
    Thanks x
    sorry you are having a stressful time, I'm thinking about you, and hoping all goes well; at least they are doing something about it and not keeping you waiting too long, although when you're waiting at all, if you're like me you want to know NOW..... Love Sue.
  • poppy30
    poppy30 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    Sending more hugs your way! :wink:
    Always amazes me how inadequate hospital car parking is! Really hope you get some answers/reassurance soon.

Poppy x
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Poppy,
    I stopped a parking attendant and asked where I could park as there are alot more 'staff permit holders only' spaces to public ones. He told me an area to park and to buy a 'pay and display' ticket. I didn't do this cos it was a staff area. My sister works at the hospital and she says that even if the attendant tells you to park in a staff space and pay, they come up later and give you a parking ticket :x
    Magenta x
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    At a local hospital, after visitors complained, they spent £millions adding 150 visitor's parking spaces, then gave out an extra 300+ staff parking permits and told them to park in the new visitor's area.

Go figure :cry:

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif