Rib pain

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 28. Nov 2008, 14:27 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello,
I've had this for a while now, every single rib in my body is painful and very sore to touch. Anyone else get this?
Magenta x

Comments

• katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey Magenta,
    Been feeling like that for three weeks now and as you may know I have been diagnosed with pleurasy. When you next at Gp or Rheumy?-might be worth an appointment.
    Take care and keep strong
    Kate x
  • roczko
    roczko Member Posts: 92
    Options
    Just got over pleurisy myself and you're right Kate, every rib is so painful to touch.

Get yourself to the GP Magenta and have it checked out; pleurisy can be serious if not treated early.

Take care.

Patrick
  • magenta
    Options
    Hiya all,
    Thanks Patrick and Kate for your concern about me :) Do you have a cough with pluerasy? It's not too sore when I breathe in and out, just more when I touch them :( I was thinking about costochronditis? By the time I get a drs appt. my rhuemy appt. (24th Nov) will have been and gone so I think I'll wait till I see rhuemy-poor person, I've a list as long as my arm for them :lol:
    Hope you are both well,
    Magenta x
  • mash65
    mash65 Bots Posts: 834
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hiya all,
    Thanks Patrick and Kate for your concern about me :) Do you have a cough with pluerasy? It's not too sore when I breathe in and out, just more when I touch them :( I was thinking about costochronditis? By the time I get a drs appt. my rhuemy appt. (24th Nov) will have been and gone so I think I'll wait till I see rhuemy-poor person, I've a list as long as my arm for them :lol:
    Hope you are both well,
    Magenta x
    hi, costochrondritis i have this too.mention it to rhymy,mine causes sharp pain in ribs,pain in bust like mastitus very sore(soz spelling ) pain into collar bones,breast bone. if ur getting this symptoms than mention it.good luck with all been reading ur posts :oops: x debs
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Debs,
    I too get pain in collar bone but not all the time. My boobs hurt too but always put it down to hormones. Actually mentioned this to dr but she said it was 'just me' :? This started about 6mths ago and sore enough to tell dr but nobody listens, they always have an answer-that's usually wrong! Tonight, under my armpits (next to boobs) is very painful to touch and when I pressed the area I got excrutiating pain in right wrist :shock: I will definitely be bringing this up with rhuemy.
    Thanks,
    Magenta x
  • mash65
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hi Debs,
    I too get pain in collar bone but not all the time. My boobs hurt too but always put it down to hormones. Actually mentioned this to dr but she said it was 'just me' :? This started about 6mths ago and sore enough to tell dr but nobody listens, they always have an answer-that's usually wrong! Tonight, under my armpits (next to boobs) is very painful to touch and when I pressed the area I got excrutiating pain in right wrist :shock: I will definitely be bringing this up with rhuemy.
    Thanks,
    Magenta x
    b4 i was diagnosed with costo, i was subjected to breast cancer check,by nurse. told to take evening primrose oil.have u seen size of them.( wanted to know where to stick them as i couldnt possibly swallow them :lol: )then rhymy told me along with my o/a etc.i was going through menopause,as had hystorectomy some 11yrs ago.& oviays had packed in.(along with my joints) oh there must be a god :oops: thank you.dont now if that helps but note it all & try not to leave until u have ur answers,i wish i could take my own advice but im a mouse in there hands :oops: good luck debs
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Debs,
    I'm like you with regards drs. I tell everyone how I'm going to say this and that and want answers but I always end up leaving appt. feeling totally drained and not getting any answers at all :?
    I'm definitely going to take a list with me this time,
    Take care,
    Magenta x
  • mash65
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hi Debs,
    I'm like you with regards drs. I tell everyone how I'm going to say this and that and want answers but I always end up leaving appt. feeling totally drained and not getting any answers at all :?
    I'm definitely going to take a list with me this time,
    Take care,
    Magenta x
    its tiring enough getting there,then u just wanna get home,without going through what u go through every day.the tiredness,of a sleepness night,the daily routine(just wannta sleep)put them on a bed of nails for 1 night nhs prescibd,for all drs.see if they cope without sleep 1 night theyd come back(YES WE MAYB ABLE " HELP U!!) hope u get urself sorted.debs.
  • j0nn13
    j0nn13 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    I'm currently just getting over a bout of pleuritic pain from a chest infection. I was convinced that my side / ribs were sore either because my stomach was playing up becuase of meds, my liver was inflamed or some other arthritis related condition.

But to my suprise, doctor decided from what i decided to have a listen to my chest and turned out i had a nasty lower respiratory and have been on antibiotics for a few days. Fortunately it is now starting to subside and i don't have such a sore side anymore :D
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Jonn,
    Glad to hear the Ab's are having an affect and hopefully you'll be feeling better soon :) I don't have a chest infection, just this pain. I was actually thinking that I too had something wrong with liver-painful in right side when I sit down but when I press the area it's coming from my rib. It's now going round my back and breast bone sore :( I will try and see my GP :wink:
    Magenta x
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hi Jonn,
    Glad to hear the Ab's are having an affect and hopefully you'll be feeling better soon :) I don't have a chest infection, just this pain. I was actually thinking that I too had something wrong with liver-painful in right side when I sit down but when I press the area it's coming from my rib. It's now going round my back and breast bone sore :( I will try and see my GP :wink:
    Magenta x
    Hi, In my very limited experience, it sounds like some kind of cheast infectoin. Hope you can sort it out with GP. I get them sometimes after bad colds and have since a child. I remember the horrible 'pink medicine' :!: :!: :!: My Mum used to have to hold my nose to get me to swollow it :oops: Feel better soon. Lots of love Sue. xxx
  • j0nn13
    j0nn13 Member Posts: 26
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hi Jonn,
    Magenta x

Mine has kind of settled a bit, but is still sore and i finish the antibiotics tommorow. Think i'll try and get ahead of the game and get myself a GP appointment for the end of the week.

From some reading i've done online, looks like it is possible for people with rheumatoid arthritis to get rheumatic pleurisy, hoping thats not what we have! Ah well, back to the GP we go!
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi again,
    I had a drs appointment but cancelled it. I'm just going to wait til rhuemy appt. on 24th. Rhuematic pleurasy doesn't sound very nice :? Glad to hear you're feeling better,
    Magenta x
  • ktl297
    ktl297 Member Posts: 50
    Options
    Hi Magenta,

I've had costochondritis a few times due to my PA. It is incredibly painful - all of my ribs (right round to the back), collar bone, shoulders and breastbone were incredibly sore - to the point that my oxygen levels were dropping because I couldn't take a proper breath in due to pain. I do sympathise massively with you (whatever is causing the pain) and I hope you get some answers and some help! KT
  • magenta
    Options
    Thanks KT,
    Don't know what the hell it is. Cancelled my doc appt. cos it had went away and literally 10mins later it came back, searing pain across collar bone! I wonder if it can be posture related and I'm just making it into something more serious? I'll soon find out I suppose :)
    Magenta x
  • magenta
    Options
    Oh Dear Scottishlass, that's not too good! It's good when docs tell you what they think it could be but if you're like me, you look it up on google and then worry about it!
    I'm not doing too good at the mo. My back is really bothering me and I've been busy today. Since coming home my ribs, right shoulder and through into chest area is killing me. I lay down on the couch for a rest and my hands, fingers and thumbs went numb :shock: Can't get warm at all. I should just go to bed but my hubby has been delayed in traffic and the 2 demons (sorry kids) are wild tonight. Typical isn't it?
    Hope you feel better soon :wink:
    Magennta
  • rosiepurves
    rosiepurves Member Posts: 18
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hi Debs,
    Thanks,
    Magenta x

These sound like the tender points they check for with fibro. I read up on it as someone thought i might have it. don't want to worry ya prob nothing.
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Debs,
    A rhuematologist I seen about 6yrs ago refused to believe I had any type of arthritis at all and as I was leaving said 'It's probably just fibromyalgia' :shock: I've always thought I had fibro but didn't think it was like this, these are new pains to me. Thanks for getting in touch!
    Magenta x
  • magenta
    Options
    Hello,
    I got a chest xray done on Monday (along with others) but today my shoulder blades, collar bone and chest are really bothering me. I've had to take off my bra (don't worry, still have a top on :wink: ) cos the pain all round the area of straps are killing me. I'm pi**ed off with this. I've to go back to rhuematologist in 8wks for a day ward appt. unless my xrays come back with anything odd. How long do you think it takes for results to make their way back to doc?
    Magenta