ib v dla

Options
mash65
mash65 Bots Posts: 834
edited 15. Nov 2008, 15:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
just a ? incapacity have signed me of for a year.no medical.just the forms filled in sent back,saying id passed assessment.review again in 12 months time. yet fighting for dla. at appeal stage now.sent in medical reports from 1984.back probs,nearly lost my foot,motorbike acc.1989 consultants where still investigating back probs.then 1992 1st child,1995 2nd,18 months after c.cancer.2008.neck completely seized up.wide spread muscle & joint pain.drs said job had brought it on early.o/a,cervical spond,costochrondritis.neck,shoulders,wrist,knees,right foot swells on standing,walking(on going since 1984 ,foot)i based my claim on foot & o/a etc.been turned down.now appeal.had no medical from dla,turned down by claim form,gps report be4 i saw rhymy,sent all that in to appeal.have i got a chance or should i shut up & go away?

Comments

• magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    OMG! What a terrible story? Poor you :( Honestly wonder what you have to be ill with before they give you DLA! I wonder what happens when one of these people in the dla come down with an illness? Do they have to go through all the forms, telling their colleagues what's wrong with them?
    I know it'll be tiring for you but you need to keep going with this. Sending you a big hug ((((()))))
    Magenta x
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    mash65 wrote:
    Have i got a chance or should i shut up & go away?

They want you to 'shut up & go away', so it's the last thing that you consider. There's always a chance, if you stay in the game. :D

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • mash65
    Options
    jasperalty wrote:
    Hi Mash65, I know it is probably tiring and irritating for you but never shut up and go away, that is what the DLA want, one less person to worry about, you must never give in, you are well and truly entitled to it. You must keep going, most of us have, it is a sad fact that we have to fight in this world love Katxxx
    thanx all was on a bit of a low,wanted to get that of my chest,its frustrating.they sent back my papers this morning saying theyd sent to peeps at appeal.now its just the waiting. thanx again debs
  • noeltone
    noeltone Member Posts: 878
    Options
    Try not to let them fob you orf thats want they and then there is another one less to pay go for it and try to keep upyour cliam and be as officious as they are the 2 benefits IB and DLA dont seem to have the same criteria i have indefinite DLA but they still want me back to work under the new name of IB benefit
  • mash65
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Try not to let them fob you orf thats want they and then there is another one less to pay go for it and try to keep upyour cliam and be as officious as they are the 2 benefits IB and DLA dont seem to have the same criteria i have indefinite DLA but they still want me back to work under the new name of IB benefit
    hi,just read ur feeling better.i no what there up 2.& work thats a laugh as i say,if they could find the jobs we may b able to do,will they accomadate time off for sickness,drs appoints,physio,excuse u for falling asleep cause yourv been up in pain all night,u know the rest.any suggestions :lol::lol::lol: debs
  • noeltone
    Options
    My ideal job would be having a bed to lay down on for a nap and plenty of time orf for flares and ataxi to and from work that would be ideal but it is not an ideal world benefits people dont have a clue what having arthur is
  • mash65
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    My ideal job would be having a bed to lay down on for a nap and plenty of time orf for flares and ataxi to and from work that would be ideal but it is not an ideal world benefits people dont have a clue what having arthur is
    i was told by gp cant do manual/physical work,told by physio cant sit allday ie computor job. gp says to retrain( at what ) not much left. :oops: some1 suggessed bed tester,sounds ok,if u got paid for that ah..just been looking at "yourable" website. insurance companies wont insurance certain peeps working with disabilities,because of medications they take? interesting.
  • noeltone
    Options
    Oh yes I forgot the wheelbarro space and the locker needed fro the medication so if they wont insure then how will we be covered at work perhaps we could be bed testers at home and they could deliver new beds that need testing to us or perhaps we could test out new gadgets for the home or test out new foods and drinks
  • mash65
    Options
    noeltone wrote:
    Oh yes I forgot the wheelbarro space and the locker needed fro the medication so if they wont insure then how will we be covered at work perhaps we could be bed testers at home and they could deliver new beds that need testing to us or perhaps we could test out new gadgets for the home or test out new foods and drinks
    i would want to part with my topper, but could diff, entertain the food & drink testing. especially WINE. now theres a thought!!!! :lol:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    My hubbie and I have just a found a bottled of chilled white wine in the fridge that unfortunately needs testing - wot a chore, still someone's got to do it :lol::lol::lol: :roll:

Luv Legs
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • mash65
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    My hubbie and I have just a found a bottled of chilled white wine in the fridge that unfortunately needs testing - wot a chore, still someone's got to do it :lol::lol::lol: :roll:

Luv Legs
    mine never stays hidden 4 long.naughty i know but not alot else to look forward 2. enjoy it. :):)