Feeling better

Options
noeltone
noeltone Member Posts: 878
edited 24. Apr 2016, 18:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all I am feeling better now not so down and went to rheumy and my hip is ok just need to take it even more easier out come the crosswords music drink and eat what else is there to do when being a idle one confined to bed and the settee I have been started on another NSAID Arcoxia (etoricoxib) as well as being on mtx planequil co dyd and amitrip what else can i take now let me see h e he I am think about getting shares in drug companies har har :wink::wink::wink: Hope you are all Okish

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Chrisov
    glad to hear from you! You sound as though you've got your sense of humour back. Got arcoxia too - waiting for a flare to try it out...you'll have to let me know if it makes a difference.
    I quite like xwords and music and food. Don't like being confined to the sofa so much though :!: :roll:
    Hope you have a lap-top.
    Love
    Toni x
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi Toni I am taking acroxia all the time one a day no diff yet but these pills take time yes my lap top is a god send and I put on 3 cds at atime and I read alot so will be taking it easy for few weeks more dont want to mess up the medical work done but they thinks its not boring resting all right for them to say hope you are OK
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Chrisov
    Yes you are right you must rest up properly so the surgery has a good chance to heal.
    Glad you like reading - me too - in some respects we should be ideal patients(I am NOT!!!), as we can at least try to entertain ourselves. Got some flamenco music in Barcelona on my hols and it makes realkly good background/reading music!
    Very glad you have the lap-top too. Then you can spend some time on-line with us lot!!!
    Thank you I am quite well, having to sort through all my late MOm's possesions at the moment as her bungalow sold - so I bit sad :( But ok :)
    Take care
    Toni xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

So happy to read your posting that "all is well" with you at the moment. That is a great place to be and long may it last. All is well with me too - there is a little get together of around 70 friends/family tomorrow to meet each other and see baby Lola if they have not done so already. I shall have to fight to get a cuddle with all those people there, won't I?!!

Off to look after mum on the Sunday evening for 4 days. No time for me to stand still for the past 7 weeks! She is slowly climbing up the steep hill and long may that last. The next problem will be when she comes out of hospital but we shall cross that bridge when we get to it.

Have a good, restful day,

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • noeltone
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    Hi Chrisov

Hi Elan hope your get together goes Ok charlie is meeting his great grandaprents tomorrow so that will be exciting I am seeing him today when he comesa round at 11 I am glad your mum is improving I hope it continues and you have special time with her ober the next 4 days all the best wishes Chrisov
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi Toni yes I must rest up some more yes I like reading altho it send me to sleep sometimes luv flamenco music I got some Arabic music from Tunisia and from Turkey and that is relaxing imagine I am back there soaking up the heat and riding a camel I hope you keep the strength to clear out the bungalo must be sad Take care
    Chrisov
  • frogmorton
    Options
    HI Chrisov
    That Tunisian music sounds good too - you are right some of the appeal of the flamenco music IS the memories!
    Reading can send me to sleep too. My biggest worry would be (honestl it's true) if I couldn't hold my book or turn the page. Wouldn't that be aweful. Would have to go for those listening books I suppose, then I wouold CERTAINLY fall asleep! :oops:
    Glad you saw Charlie yesterday. Good distraction.
    Keep reading and keep positive as you are and you'll soon be up and about on the new joint.
    Yes thanks It is sad to sort out your Mum's belongings - still some nice memories too!
    Take care
    Toni xx
  • noeltone
    Options
    Hi toni as for reading and holding books Ive got a book rest I need and use it some time I got one from OT
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Chrisov

It's great to hear you again......its a while since I've been on the site with one thing and another.
    Glad you are feeling better in yourself.
    As {was it Toni?} said you have a laptop......keep in touch
    Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Again Chrisov
    I jut noticed a post {missed it the first time} about you riding on a camel.
    How long ago was it that we had that thread about the camels going? :lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hileena, for some reason this thread has appeared from Nov. 2008, I wonder why? I don't think he'll reply but you never know! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    You are observant...thanks for that. I didn't notice.
    I wonder how it appeared. I was surprised when I saw it but he was always off and on
    Oh well you never know
    Take care
    Love
    Hileena