Nothing suspicious!

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 17. Nov 2008, 18:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hiya,
If you've been following my posts, I recently got results back from a head CTscan that raised questions about certain things. I've been diagnosed with OA of right and left jaw joint and also have Temperomandibular Joint Dysfunction :shock: The dentists were thinking I might have had a lesion or vascular mass in cheek. They called me today to say that after speaking to a radiographer and another consultant, they don't see anything mass-like in cheek. I've to go back in a few months time for another CT scan when they will compare the 2 scan pictures. I'm not out of the woods yet but it's much better news than I had thought! They think it might just be me :) I have an extra nerve in my right side of face (so do my 2 sisters!) which is quite unusual apparently :? so they could be right?
Magenta x

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    magenta wrote:
    Hiya,
    If you've been following my posts, I recently got results back from a head CTscan that raised questions about certain things. I've been diagnosed with OA of right and left jaw joint and also have Temperomandibular Joint Dysfunction :shock: The dentists were thinking I might have had a lesion or vascular mass in cheek. They called me today to say that after speaking to a radiographer and another consultant, they don't see anything mass-like in cheek. I've to go back in a few months time for another CT scan when they will compare the 2 scan pictures. I'm not out of the woods yet but it's much better news than I had thought! They think it might just be me :) I have an extra nerve in my right side of face (so do my 2 sisters!) which is quite unusual apparently :? so they could be right?
    Magenta x
    Hi Magenta, I'm so pleased about your result. :) I bet you've been worrying and imaging alsorts (I know I would) :!: I'm sure you'll feel even better when you get the second scan done and its fine, which I'm sure it will be. Sounds like something funny going on in your mouth, though thats a really impressive sounding temperowhatshisname.... Take care love Sue xx
  • magenta
    Options
    Thanks Sue,
    Magenta x
  • redpoppy
    redpoppy Member Posts: 108
    Options
    hi magenta,im pleased your results arnt as bad as you expected.i bet its a releif to you.i think its natural to worry especialy at the unknown.anyway im glad its good news. :)
  • magenta
    Options
    Thank you too!
    Magenta x
  • magenta
    Options
    Hi Scottishlass,
    I like unique best :D
    Magenta x

Ps How are you feeling? Back to work ok?