fluid

Options
julies
julies Member Posts: 68
edited 16. Nov 2008, 10:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Sam has a large fluid build up between his thumb and his forefinger.
He's never had this before and just wondered if anyone has any idea why this is.
Thanks
julie

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,456
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oooh Julie
    Doesn't sound very nice :shock: I hope it is pain free.

Never had such a thing, but if it were me and it is still there on Monday, I wouldd check with rheumy nurses.
    Good luck and let us know what it is!
    Toni x
  • julies
    julies Member Posts: 68
    Options
    Hi Toni
    Yep, pain free thank heavens as his other hand has started to swell as well although not as much.
    Sam doesn't have a rheumy nurse as he sees a paediatrician and the rheumatologist comes in especially for Sams appointment.
    Hopefully someone else might have experienced of this as I don't really want to phone GP as I never seem to be off the phone to them recently as Sam has been in a lot of pain and I've been trying to sort out his pain relief :?
    Thanks again for your reply
    Julie
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    not sure if this is any help but my knee sudenly and for no reason got swollen and sore a few weeks ago and when i saw rhuemy she used a syringe to take the fluid out of my knee and it felt better, that was week before last. but it seems to be happening again as yesterday my knee started getting sore again and i've noticed it's a bit swollen.
    i don't know what actually caused it but my knee felt warm to touch. rheumy told me to try putting cold pack on it but that hurt so she said i could try warm, it does help abit. i would suggest you get it looked at.
    did you say it is or isn't painful? sorry i should take more notice when i reed things!
    sue :oops: