RA, Fibro and flares

Options
jenzie06
jenzie06 Member Posts: 708
edited 15. Nov 2008, 17:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi all,
Went to see my rheumy on friday, he's given me a bit of a problem. I'm 25yrs old, getting married in March, had RA and Fibro for 10yrs and we wish to start a family a few months after getting married. I've been on various meds, the latest being Enbrel but I reacted seriously to it (first one in the hospital - lucky me!) and the docs said I was heading for a stroke if I took any more anti-TNF drugs, which was a bit stressful. My rheumy is not sure what is causing me all the trouble, whether its the RA, Fibro or (God help me) something else. Now he wants me to come off my drugs (thankfully letting me keep amitriptyline otherwise I can't sleep) but I think he just wants me to get really bad so he can work out whats going on. His other suggestion is to get pregnant - fast. My poor husband-to-be was a little surprised! Unfortunately my wedding dress isn't expandable! Another option from rheumy was regular steroids but I put on a lot of weight with them - I don't want to be a fat bride!!!!!

I'm really worried that I'm going to be so ill I won't enjoy the wedding or the honeymoon. I came off all my drugs last christmas due to illness but the rheumy apparently wasn't paying close enough attention.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Sorry to all for the long post.

Comments

• kazpaz
    kazpaz Bots Posts: 103
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ask for a second opinion. You have too much to lose to have dithering like that.

Getting one myself changed my life after 6 years of pain, complications, uncertainty and similar dithering. I got a life back, oh and the right diagnosis!

Kaz