The Jitters

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 18. Nov 2008, 14:45 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does anyone else on here suffer from what I call the jitters? It's usually when I've had a increase in my steroid dose. I don't know whether it's a build up of the drug or what but I've been awake since 4, up at 5, ironing by5.05 got family up breakfasted,showered etc. cleaned 2 bathrooms. After schoolrun redid bathroom as I hadn't cleaned the tiles and so it goes on!!! Now I'm not trying to give Anthea Turner a run for her money so this is ridiculous. What makes it worse is that I hurt like hell but just can't seem to stop the urge to be doing something. I wouldn't mind but I had a sleeping tab last night so am still feeling the effects (dry mouth, grogginess) but without the benefit of sleep. Any ideas folks. I'm like SuperGran on speed!!!!
:roll:

Comments

• addieo
    addieo Member Posts: 3
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    katekelly wrote:
    Does anyone else on here suffer from what I call the jitters? It's usually when I've had a increase in my steroid dose. I don't know whether it's a build up of the drug or what but I've been awake since 4, up at 5, ironing by5.05 got family up breakfasted,showered etc. cleaned 2 bathrooms. After schoolrun redid bathroom as I hadn't cleaned the tiles and so it goes on!!! Now I'm not trying to give Anthea Turner a run for her money so this is ridiculous. What makes it worse is that I hurt like hell but just can't seem to stop the urge to be doing something. I wouldn't mind but I had a sleeping tab last night so am still feeling the effects (dry mouth, grogginess) but without the benefit of sleep. Any ideas folks. I'm like SuperGran on speed!!!!

Hi Kate,
    Know exactely what you mean, I'm like a woman possessed when I start cleaning etc. I find I can over ride the tiredness if I keep going, when I stop the tiredness is all encompassing. Not sure why I do too much I think it must be rebelling against the RA, or else I'm mad!
    Take care. Rosa
  • katekelly
    Options
    addieo wrote:
    katekelly wrote:

Hi Kate,
    Know exactely what you mean, I'm like a woman possessed when I start cleaning etc. I find I can over ride the tiredness if I keep going, when I stop the tiredness is all encompassing. Not sure why I do too much I think it must be rebelling against the RA, or else I'm mad!
    Take care. Rosa

Hi Rosa,
    Perhaps I should open a cleaning business if I carry on like this I'll make a fortune before Christmas!!LOL
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Would either of you like to come round to my house - it could really do with a good clean? :shock: :oops: I would love to 'bottom it' (as my Mum calls it) but bending and stretching are beyond me these days so I have a very nice, very clean and polished middle section:!: :lol::lol:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • katekelly
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Would either of you like to come round to my house - it could really do with a good clean? :shock: :oops: I would love to 'bottom it' (as my Mum calls it) but bending and stretching are beyond me these days so I have a very nice, very clean and polished middle section:!: :lol::lol:

I will only come and do the bottom section of your house if you have wooden floors! This is because once I get down I can't get up and so I scoot along on my bottom. Even my Hubby would have difficulty believing I got carpet burns on my bum from doing someone else's housework!!! :D
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    katekelly wrote:
    lindalegs wrote:

I will only come and do the bottom section of your house if you have wooden floors! This is because once I get down I can't get up and so I scoot along on my bottom. Even my Hubby would have difficulty believing I got carpet burns on my bum from doing someone else's housework!!! :D

Hi Kate,

I now know this is where my Mum got the saying 'bottom it' from she must have seen you doing your housework on your bum :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the laugh

Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • katekelly
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    katekelly wrote:
    lindalegs wrote:

Hi Kate,

I now know this is where my Mum got the saying 'bottom it' from she must have seen you doing your housework on your bum :shock: :lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the laugh

Believe me Legs not a pretty sight!! :oops: