second hospital appointment on Friday need some advice

Options
amethyst
amethyst Member Posts: 30
i have seronegative Ra been on sulfasazaline since April but i don't feel they have helped .going on Friday to hospital and i am worried that he will not give me any thing else as my blood checks that i have been get tin for the sulfasazaline are just the same when i started on them . i know that i am worse than i was in April but i get all worked up going in front of him
hope some one can give me some advice
thanks

Comments

• helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,495
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Amethyst

Blood test results are only one indicator of how active your condition is. Your doctor should also take into account how you are as a whole person e.g. do you feel tired or generally unwell, are your joints still swollen and/or painful, what are you able or unable to do because of joint problems.
    It can feel daunting going to see doctors so plan this next appointment carefully. Think about what you want to say to him and what questions you want him to answer. It can be helpful to say exactly how you feel 'worse'. Perhaps describe your pain or tiredness on a scale of 1-10 and say how much this has got better or worse or stayed the same.
    Write things down and take them in with you. If you can take someone with you they can write down his answers because it's very easy to forget what was said if you are anxious.
    If you don't feel the Sulphasalazine is helping you can ask what your next option is e.g. what other DMARD could you have.
    Getting the most from your appointment is something we discuss often on the phone so do give us a ring if you want to.
    Best wishes
    Val
  • amethyst
    amethyst Member Posts: 30
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    thank you for your advice and for your quick reply

Hi Amethyst

Blood test results are only one indicator of how active your condition is. Your doctor should also take into account how you are as a whole person e.g. do you feel tired or generally unwell, are your joints still swollen and/or painful, what are you able or unable to do because of joint problems.
    It can feel daunting going to see doctors so plan this next appointment carefully. Think about what you want to say to him and what questions you want him to answer. It can be helpful to say exactly how you feel 'worse'. Perhaps describe your pain or tiredness on a scale of 1-10 and say how much this has got better or worse or stayed the same.
    Write things down and take them in with you. If you can take someone with you they can write down his answers because it's very easy to forget what was said if you are anxious.
    If you don't feel the Sulphasalazine is helping you can ask what your next option is e.g. what other DMARD could you have.
    Getting the most from your appointment is something we discuss often on the phone so do give us a ring if you want to.
    Best wishes
    Val