Placebo affect from Humira?

Options
annic4363
annic4363 Member Posts: 67
edited 20. Nov 2008, 13:58 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi there to you all!

Well after much hoop leaping I finally had my first dose of Humira yesterday. I only had 20mg as they are concerned about my response.

However, I seem to be feeling better already! I am sure this has to be a placebo affect as everyone - professionals that is - keeps telling me it will take up to 6 months for it to have an impact?

How did others get on in the early stages? I would be interested to know!

Annie
x
x

Comments

• scattered
    scattered Member Posts: 326
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It probably isn't a placebo effect. Humira can work that fast for some people! It worked within 3/4 days for me and it is my wonder drug.

Congrats on feeling better: Long may it continue!
  • annic4363
    annic4363 Member Posts: 67
    Options
    scattered wrote:
    It probably isn't a placebo effect. Humira can work that fast for some people! It worked within 3/4 days for me and it is my wonder drug.

Congrats on feeling better: Long may it continue!

Thanks for the positivity! However, I think it might have more to do with the increased dose of steroids my GP has strong armed me in to! I am starting to look like the Michelin woman and had cut them down but with an ESR of 51 I had no choice.

Perhaps it is the combination?!

Who cares if it works!

Chat soon

Annie

x x x x
  • trevorpotts
    trevorpotts Member Posts: 7
    Options
    HI Annie
    I have been on Humira a year, I noticed a small difference within 24 hrs of my first injection and I slowly got better over a period of a few weeks. It is a wonder drug for those who respond to it. I still have to be careful and not overdo things but I have my life back which I never expected. Good luck