winter blues

Options
kezzo1
kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
edited 20. Nov 2008, 10:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
so fed up winter playing havac with my ra im wrapping up but ,y god do i wish it was summer again! wrists hurt and crack fingers stiff and hurt. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comments

• petmad
    petmad Member Posts: 252
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have OA but feel the same as you. Hope things warm up for us soon.
  • jimmy77
    jimmy77 Member Posts: 71
    Options
    kezzo1 wrote:
    so fed up winter playing havac with my ra im wrapping up but ,y god do i wish it was summer again! wrists hurt and crack fingers stiff and hurt. arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi,

There is no question that cold is a problem for my RA, too and finally gave in 5 yrs. ago to move to a warmer climate. Although cold and dry sometimes is okay. Well the warmer weather is good but not a cure and when it's hot and humid it can trigger things. The bottom-line for me was I really didn't think I had a choice and it was a good decision but not easy. Sometimes you do what you have to do and just figure out how to do it because nobody really understands how your "quality of life" is effected by arthritis. You deserve the best.
    Good luck

Jimmy
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options
    Hi,
    I quite agree winter is yuk, I find that getting out and doing something cheers me up, even cruising round the garden picking things up and tiding up. Then I can award myself a cuppa and a biccy and sit without feeling as though I ought to get up and do something. ('8)')

Must be T time.....